Visiting Threats

Visiting Threats

A Poem by Priyanka Natesh
"

A common routine.

"

A threat

An insouciant warning

creeping through my veins

setting my heart thudding,

my ears ringing.

Nausea at the pit of my stomach

swirling its way up

a glut of human sediments

forces against my throat.

Let it go. LET IT GO!

But I gulp it down

It tremors down furiously

slipping into my heart this time


And I get back to living.

© 2012 Priyanka Natesh


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Huh, very interesting. I like it. Nice descriptions and imagery. You create a sense of panic it seems through the experience... very interesting..
Nice write. It kinda reminds me of like having a premonition or some kind of psychic touch... to something.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Oh my. I hope this becomes a less frequent routine--maybe even a vestige of the past--because the way you described these moments of unease are so vivid and haunting that just reading about it makes me begin to feel a brief, miniature version of it. It seems as if this panic is first expressed through a painful physicality (nausea and that which is associated) before you decide to"gulp it [the feeling] down" and it refuses to die away, "slipping into [your] heart this time"...as a subconscious residue of these moments that cling to the insides of you even when you collect yourself enough to "get back to living". I can't say I haven't felt similarly, too, and I thank you for sharing this as it brought these moments to a place of awareness within me.

The images you portray through this poem: crisp and clear.

*^*b/100

Posted 10 Years Ago


It's that rising pressure in a volcano that reaches the apex and-just like that-dies down. Sometimes, it needn't.


Posted 11 Years Ago


Priyanka Natesh

11 Years Ago

Sometimes, it needn't :)
Kind of have it too ... Awesome write:))

Posted 12 Years Ago


this is interesting! It shows the fall of the person but he/she managed to go up.

Posted 12 Years Ago


You capture rising anic so very clearly in this piece it is almost as if one is reliving the experience when reading this. I think this is a very well composed piece and in its brevity it captures an amazing amount of energy and emotion. Great job sir!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Interesting....sounds like a panic attack to me....great visuals here...and I can totally relate...love the line "an insouciant warning"....Let it go indeed.....and the final line is when I feel the calm again.....just like you I would imagine....thanks for sharing....BB

Posted 12 Years Ago


Thought provoking, a silence that grates the matters to which we all live, well done, good read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


It says what it's supposed to say! An immensely turbulent froth upon an apparently genteel cup of tea...
Mind's eye is aflame with the glow but what-others-would-think complex is all with the reign...

Pithy and a nice work, Priyanka!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Awesome poem!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

604 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 28, 2012
Last Updated on January 28, 2012

Author

Priyanka Natesh
Priyanka Natesh

Hyderabad, India



About
Hello there! I'm Priyanka, a dreamer's soul, a Pisces incarnate ( ;) ), with endless aims and endless aspirations. I'm here to give a voice to my emotions, to get in touch with my true being, to me.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..