Revenge on the Truth

Revenge on the Truth

A Story by QueenofScarlet
"

Ambree will do anything to find her family's murderer. She is prepared to kill or to die to get her revenge.

"

Revenge on the Truth

Have you ever felt like you were your own worst enemy? Like you were living, no, dying a lie? Like you had to get revenge even if you knew it would kill you? If so then you know my story very well, for it will kill me. My name is Ambree and I am searching for my family’s murderer. They killed everyone in my home,but me. After the accident happened, many say my mental state suffered. I disagree. Mourning is normal, is it not? People have a tendency to exaggerate things. Still, they made sure to get me professional help, saying that no child should have to suffer such sadness. Silly adults! Silly, silly therapists! Still, this is the situation I am in. In a therapist's office sitting ,rocking back and forth in a chair, with a doctor staring at me as if I had two heads.

The doctor was prepared to kill me if necessary. I could tell from the cold blade she held in her hands. It may seem like this might upset me, but strangely, it didn’t. I just smiled and fidgeted in my chair as I looked around the office.

“ So Ambree. Do you know why you are here?” the doctor asked in a prying tone. I shook my head and shrugged. Innocent was such an easy game to play. “ Dear I am sure you do know.” Again I shrugged. “Ambree you are having mental issues and it has become harmful for those around you.” I shrugged once more, then coldly smiled.

I wasn’t aware.” I said in a sugar sweet voice.

Ambree...I know your family’s murder has…

No I’m doing fantastic!

Ambree… You can’t continue to accuse random people of the murder.. Lashing out in spasms of anger is not , in any way, normal. These people haven’t done anything.”

They might have killed them,.” I muttered. “ Anyway what’s it to you?” My facade of sweetness was cracking quickly. The doctor looked angry.

You killed one of our best therapists in one of your spells.” I grinned, but then my face fell.

He wasn’t it.” I looked crestfallen.

Ambree!” The doctor screamed. “ You need to come to terms with their deaths. You are not going to find the murderer!” I started to lunge forward, but I bit my lip and stopped myself. I could not be sent to another therapist. I had to work through this silly woman. She smiled at me as she saw me calming down.

Good Ambree. I’m glad to see you are starting to realize that what you are doing is wrong.”

Hmmm.” I sang back to her. “ I suppose!” She continued to smile and I realized that obedience was the perfect way to play her. She wanted to be obeyed. Humans! So painfully easy to manipulate!

Even better!” She said happily. “ Even, even better! Before we can go any farther in the process we need to deal with self awareness. Before you can deal with the trauma in your life you must deal with the trauma in yourself. Self recognition is the true panacea.” She was so stupid. “ Here. After I am done talking I’m going to hand you a mirror. You have to look in it and think about who you are.” I flinched. I really hated mirrors. I didn’t care who I was since the accident, nor did I want to know. Still if I was going to get through this…

I took the mirror and stared into its reflective surface. A face I hadn’t seen in months stared back at me. She had large, darting, dark eyes with heavy eyelashes. Her hair was a mess of dark and light. She was small and lithe, but rather malnourished. She could be mistaken for a normal girl but something about her was wrong. She was empty, devoid of emotions. She was me. I was her. I was her!

My eyes flashed close as I saw darkness and light and I felt myself slip back to the night of the murder. I stood there with my sister, mother and father. We were a happy, smiling family posing for a picture. So perfect were we. I smiled, but look around nervously.I held a dark blade in my pristine hands. Wait, what! I smiled for the camera and turned to my sister. She blinked at me. I drew my blade and delicately slid it right up to her throat. Silence. Then she let out a yelp “ Dear Ambree! What are you doing?” Ah, sister. So eloquent even at the point of no return. I just stood there for a few minutes. Suddenly I lashed out, slashing my blade at everyone in range. The scarlet blood of my family made a perfect bloody picture.

My eyes snapped open again.I blinked and slowly, slowly, ever so slowly, a smile spread across my face like butter. I started maniacally laughing. “ Ha! Ha ha ha! Ha I...I” I clutched the mirror tightly in my hands. “ Me!” I grinned with a crazy light in my eyes. I looked around for a second, then turned to the mirror in my hands. The doctor cried out.Jan 20, 2017 1:00:03 PM.jpg

Ambree! What is...happening?” I smiled coldly at her and raised the mirror to my ashen head. I thrust my face and neck through the silvery surface. Blood reigned as my face went straight through the mirror. The shards impaled themselves all over my neck and head. Scarlet drops fell from every shard.My neck was caught on the unaware and I started to choke and bleed out. Bloody tears turned my dress a stained red. My eyes bugged out and I tasted fire.

Yes!” I screamed with a certain insanity. “ I finally found the murderer!” I laughed and smiled. “ Ha ha! Yes, it’s ME!” I finally had my revenge.




















© 2018 QueenofScarlet


Author's Note

QueenofScarlet
dark story, lots of gore

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on February 19, 2018
Last Updated on February 20, 2018
Tags: horror, creepy, murder

Author

QueenofScarlet
QueenofScarlet

Canada



About
I love writing, performing, and all kinds of books. more..

Writing