Beautifully Standarized

Beautifully Standarized

A Poem by RacialRainbow
"

When we see others and ourselves what are we judging really?

"

Beautifully Standardized


You look into a person’s situation judging without knowing, judging without connection… why?


When we look in the mirror we will never see what they see for the better or for the worse


And yet you ask her why a b**b job , why do you work out till you vomit…why?


Because when we see what is considered ‘beautiful’ we want to be that. Whether we admit that truth or not…


Yes we can want to look a certain way for ourselves but in the end like all mammals we dress ourselves up to catch a mate


And now-a-days to find someone who wants to spend forever with your body, mind, and soul is almost impossible…and yet.


We keep trying, we keep pushing, we keep doing it all for the love of another just so we can feel something, anything, even just a fragment of love.


But with today’s beauty standards so high, how can anyone be the perfect way naturally?


The answer is they can’t, and only those who can afford to enhance their so called ‘natural appearance’ will ever be considered beautifully Standardized.


Or maybe our issue is that we don’t want to be attractive to one person but to ALL people, WE want to be envied because WE envy others. 

© 2017 RacialRainbow


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ty
Such a heavy message. A few similar thoughts came across just recently. Need more insightful words such as this.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

RacialRainbow

6 Years Ago

Thank you very much, I just put my feels onto paper.
This is quite the thoughtful piece. I'm impressed. As one grows older, (me, lol) beauty is recognized in so many different places. As you grow older, you understand where true beauty might be found. All you need to do is keep looking, and keep writing. I'm looking forward to more from you.

Posted 6 Years Ago


RacialRainbow

6 Years Ago

I appreciate your insight and thank you for commenting and reading. I truly enjoy hearing your thoug.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 10, 2017
Last Updated on May 10, 2017
Tags: beauty, what is, pretty, judgement, expectations, understanding