The Edge Vs. The Sword

The Edge Vs. The Sword

A Poem by RacialRainbow
"

Feeling one way and actually not getting fired. Just my thoughts and emotions about the job I once put above all else even my son and even myself... but no longer.

"
I worked so hard 
I worked so hard
I worked so hard 
I worked so hard

WE NOTICED YOU!

I gave it my all 
I gave it my all 
I gave it my all
I gave it my all
I gave it my all

WE SEE YOU DO!

See me? 

DO YOU?

Do you see the sweat running down my face & spine as I do everything you ever asked of me...BOSS?
 
Do you see the tears from the stress and the gray hair I rip out as both cascade to the floor I just polished for you...BOSS?

Do you hear the ambition and excitement in my voice that maybe today's the day for the raise you promised me 12 months ago... BOSS?

Do you see the blood that falls from my hands in attempt to save YOUR company money with repairs I know nothing about...BOSS?

Do you see me? 

or just what I can do for you?
 
or just how far you can push me till I break?

or how much abuse I can take without the pay; you pretty political liar?

WHAT WILL IT TAKE... WHAT CAN I DO....to be enough?

Every month there is another reason another lie!

Telling me its the other clubs not ours; just wait in due time.

Well.... TIME IS UP YOU C**K SUCKS!
 
I have paid my dues and I no longer believe in you...

So DO NOT ask me to stay late anymore-

So DO NOT ask me to run your reports-

So DO NOT ask me to fill in when you can't-

So DO NOT ask me to do something not in my 'job description' 

AND DO NOT ASK ME "Why have you changed? What have we done wrong?"

GO JUST GO F**K YOURSELVES CORPORATE LADDER SCUM

© 2018 RacialRainbow


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Chuckling here... One place even gave me an answer (in writing) to my letter of resignation. It detailed their answers to my "childish" complaints regarding managements' consistent lies and policies demeaning employees and their concerns, their holding back raises and dropping benefits. I tacked both to the bulletin board in the break room for all the guys to see. Two weeks later I hired a couple of my guys that had soon followed me out the door.

Corporations are so seldom loyal to their staff and the people that make them what they are. Nor are they loyal to their investors regardless of what is publicly said. Status, power, and control are leadership concerns at most "established" companies. While the startups are establishing their own ladders for filling...

Posted 4 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
RacialRainbow

4 Years Ago

Yeah. The way they treat the ones who give everything versus the ones they think have everything is .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
1 Review
Added on September 30, 2018
Last Updated on September 30, 2018
Tags: anger, ending, feels, hard, work