Fantasy's Dividing Line Part One

Fantasy's Dividing Line Part One

A Story by Raven Starhawk

1

Rose Dazzle crawled on her elbows and knees across cerulean grass. The bowl on her head served as helmet and the licorice gun a perfect weapon however, the projectiles it launched weren't metallic elements. They were peanut buttercups.

From the corner of her eye she caught a marshmallow moon beaming down soft rays. Flanked by twinkling mint bits it provided her with just enough light to perceive the gummy bears as they wandered aimlessly about a bonbon terrain.

Rising ever so slowly, she took aim and fired. Instantly pandemonium erupted as high pitched cries filled the night air. Sticky gummy limbs exploded in a blast of creamy peanut butter and chocolate as more shots rang out.

Rose, quit fooling around! I need you back here!

Rose groaned as she ceased fire. As her gun and helmet vaporized a cosmic aura absorbed her. Time and space blurred while one environment altered into another and then she emerged.

Frosted gingerbread walls sprung up. Their sweet warm aroma caressed her nose and she licked her lips. The floor was hardened caramel that cast her reflection as she advanced a rocking chair. Deposited in it was Bubbles who stood and folded her arms as she bowed her head.

"Gummy bears," Bubbles asked.

Rose shifted her weight to one hip and scrunched her lips together as she replied, "When will Pop arrive?"

"Shortly," Bubbles replied. "I am still not sure it is a good idea to pair you two together."

Rose blew a raspberry and countered, "Lately your good ideas are like poo in my mouth."

Bubbles left eye twitched as a spasm crossed her face.

2

"Stop being such a crack w***e," Lou spat.  Her tangerine eyes glowed as she continued hotly, "I know what I am doing, m**********r!  I don't need any fat dick to tell me where to put my s**t!"

 Leo snorted.  "You better step back, butthole and let a real wizard show you how the b*****s roll!"

Lou shot up out of her bean bag chair and threw a hand of cards in his face.  "This is a stupid game anyway!  Kiss my supernatural a*s."

Leo growled, baring a set of white fangs as he leapt to his feet and retorted, "You are like a genital wart!"

 "Oh, please," she shot back.  "You are as useless as a used tampon!"

 "Will you two please stop," Yui cried as she carried in a silver tray.

 Lou abandoned the feud at once.  She galloped toward the licorice table where a variety of goodies were splayed.

"Is it time yet," she asked the apron wearing Yui.

"Not yet," Yui replied softly as her beaded brows knitted.  "The galaxy has not settled yet."

 "And the fate of mankind still lingers in the balance," she added and folded her arms across her chest.

 Yui's shoulders rounded.  Her hands clutched the edge of a platter full of frosted cupcakes.  Her knuckles turned pink.  "I am afraid harmony may never come."

 Harmony, Lou thought.

Such a word bore into her like a hot brand.  Shifting her view own the marshmallow framed window she sighed.  Beyond the rainbow stars and chocolate chip cookie moon resided a whole other dimension.

"How far have they come," Leo asked as he ambled in their direction.

 "Not as far as we'd like," Yui answered.

 "But there is still hope to save them, right." Lou asked.

Yui whispered, "I don't know."

3

If time stood still stars might never shine. Perhaps the moon might float away like a balloon or pop. The universe is after all just a cyst on time's backside. Questioning how, why, when and...again why will never solve anything, never answer anything and ultimately existence deemed as intelligent will waste precious moments in a sea of uncertainty.

Bubbles tilted her face skyward. An endless navy ribbon unrolled. Was that it, she thought and blinked as pinpoints of light emerged and flanked a brilliant gumdrop orb. Her fingers curled around a smooth blade of licorice grass, stroked its grooves and traced its length.

Perhaps in the land of fairy tales nothing ever changed. Maybe it was better to succumb to denial rather than embrace meaning and truth.

Her white bunny ears sagged as she exhaled. "What do you want?"

The shadow behind her glided to face her, its murky depths bore lightning fragments that crackled and hissed as though a storm brewed within. It uncoiled a smoky tentacle and shook it.

 "This," it said in a thin whisper, "is a damned place."

Bubbles twitched her whispers as her pink nose wrinkled. "Well then leave," she stated. "I did not invite you here."

"On the contrary," it retorted sharply. "I have travelled on the mere whim of your curiosity."

Her vision narrowed as she shifted to her knees. "I am not going to waste my time talking nonsense with you."

"And there it is again," it hissed. "The topic of time is a free discussion and yet you pay it with questions."

"I am not going to debate you," she said as her eyes burnt fiery embers.

"But you fail to stir a valid reason as to why, my dear sibling."

With her hands on her hips she sighed. "I have reasons, but none of them will satisfy your animosity.”

"So then we are divided," it said.

"I suppose so," she answered softly.

"You are a pathetic fool."

She shot up inches from the ground, her fists igniting balls of flames as she said through clenched teeth, "The only fool is you for being in league with hate. Now leave before I do something..."

The thing laughed. It was a rather sharp and strangled mixture of voices and instruments. Colors blurred around it, distorted and melted only to return in neon shades as it evaporated before her.

Yes, they were divided as were the nations of mankind, but there was a way to keep hostilities from overloading an already fragile circuit.  The Crystals, she thought. If the Crystals of Deadly Sins were recaptured humanity might have a fair chance.

She spun on her heels.  Before her opened a waterfall of color that shimmered and parted as she approached.  Upon entering her furry face chipped away like an egg shell.  Her eyes burnt blinding flames that consumed her head.  She paused and sank to her knees. Submerged in tall cotton blades she extended her arms and inferno claimed the rest of her.  Beauty was a sordid matter of opinion.  She considered this carefully as she flexed her abdomen.  Dancing flames licking skyward fell away to smoke and she stood under a gumdrop sun her features were wiped clean.

4

Ginger narrowed her gold eyes.  With a trembling paw she prodded the marshmallow frog and leapt back as it twitched.  On all fours she sidestepped, the hair on her arched back rigid as she purred in short, quick bursts.  Her nose wrinkled as she then flattened against the ground and with her butt in the air and wiggling she pounced.

Suddenly the frog thing hopped out of reach while croaking and she zigzagged through cotton clusters as though that might bring her closer to it, but as her path cleared she realized it was gone.She sat with her legs tucked under her, ears laid back against her head and swore under her breath.

Curling her tail around her she wrinkled her pink nose and was about to get cozy when Pop's voice rocked through her.

"Bubbles wants to talk to us," the round walking tub of ice cream said.

"If it is about the hair ball in the pizza fields, I didn't do it," Ginger stated firmly and with her chin planted between her paws as she proceeded to lay her head down.

Pop leaned to one side and grunted.  Soon after pink bubbles floated behind him, erupted and filled the air with a strawberry scent.

"I wish everyone's farts were scented like fruit," it replied and then straightened as it continued.  "Ginger, Bubbles needs to talk to us about the humans."

Ginger stretched and then sighed.  "Fine, but I don't know what could be so important."

As they ambled together toward twin lollipop trees Bubbles parted low hanging licorice branches and they halted in their tracks.

The tub of ice cream waddled an inch closer flapping large yellow gloved hands as it asked, "Please don't tell me Carl crapped his pants again.  I had to burn my eyes out with Butters’ Barbie doll and trust me it wasn't pretty."

"How is it possible to burn your eyes out with a Barbie," Ginger asked.

Rolling its overly large eyes fixed just below its tightly sealed lid, Pop answered as it sighed, "Don't make me go into the morbid details again."

"Krosnos was here," Bubbles whispered and as though the name were a venomous snake they hopped back.

Ginger's fur fluffed out, making her one giant ball sidestepping on claws that scratched chocolate chips as she growled, "No, not here!"

Pop waddled in circles, pink bubbles squirting madly from various unseen orifices as it screamed repeatedly, "I crapped myself!"

"We have to find the Crystals of Deadly Sins," Bubbles yelled over them, but neither of them heard a thing.

© 2018 Raven Starhawk


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on July 4, 2018
Last Updated on July 4, 2018
Tags: comedy, fantasy, humor, drama, fiction