Werewolf Epilogue

Werewolf Epilogue

A Story by RayLynn

Epilogue

A child. They had a child. After all these years of following them and keeping tabs on their lives, there was finally a golden opportunity. A child is every parent’s weakness; they’d do anything to protect their spoiled little brats, even if that meant sacrificing something else they loved.

“Get up. We’re leaving.”  Alex reluctantly gets up and grabs his things.

“Kris, I don’t know if this is such a good idea.” He says hesitantly. “I mean, the kid was just born.”

Kris spins around and slaps him hard across the cheek. “What did you just say to me? Are you questioning our plan now, Alex?”

He holds his hurt cheek and turns away from her. “No, I’m not, I jus-”

She wraps her hand tightly around his neck and presses him against the wall. “You’d better not be doubting me right now. You’re very replaceable; I could find hundreds of other young dumb werewolves for this job. Have I made myself clear?”

He squirms under her grasp and tries to fight his way out, but her hand only wraps tighter until he can hardly breathe anymore. He nods his head vigorously and tries to gasp for air. Apparently satisfied with his response, she drops him onto the floor and leaves him there to cough and breathe deeply.

“Get your things. We have business to take care of.” She walks out of the room, her heels clicking loudly on the tiled floor. Alex sits up and gently rubs his neck where her hands had been. He winces as his fingers touch the sore areas of his skin. God, what had he been thinking all those years ago. Back then he was just a young dumb kid with a dream of power and control, but now, at 26, he’s a worn down man with nothing to show for his life. Every single day he regrets that day, the day he chose to follow Kris. But there’s no time now to think about his past mistakes, he has to focus on not making any present or future ones.

Alex gets up and grabs his bag before heading out to the car where Kris is already waiting behind the wheel. He tosses his stuff in the back and climbs into the passenger seat. Before he’s entirely in the car, Kris throws it in reverse and backs out of the driveway leaving Alex to scramble to get the door shut.

“What’s the kid’s name?” Kris asks.

“Luna.”

“What a ridiculous name. I’d have thought Charlie was a little smarter than that, giving her kid a terrible name like Luna.” Kris laughs as they continue to drive.

It means moon, Alex thinks to himself. He would never dare to say it outloud for fear of what Kris might do if she knew he was silently resenting her.

He stares out the window and watches the pretty fall scenery fly by as they drive into the night. He thinks of his little sister and how much he’s hurt her throughout the years, ever since that very first incident when she was still in high school. He closes his eyes as the memories come flooding back from that night. How he’d let Kris into the house and stayed hidden as she attacked Lucas and then got into a fight with his sister. How, once Charlie had attacked Kris and they were fighting, he had slipped over behind the couch and waited for the perfect moment to attack Lucas. While Charlie had been latched onto Kris, he had leaned over the back of the couch and sunk his teeth deep into Lucas’s neck. How Lucas and fought against him and pulled away so fast that Alex’s sharp teeth had left deep gashes down his neck. After that, Alex had slipped out the back door and rushed to get the car in time to pick up Kris when she came out.

He squeezes his eyes tighter as the bad memories invade his mind. He doesn’t want to remember that night, the way he’d betrayed Charlie and how he’d attacked Lucas. He doesn’t want to remember Lucas’s blood filling his mouth and the way he could feel his pulse as he went in for the supposedly fatal bite. He doesn’t want to remember that every moment since that one he’s been filled with so much regret and remorse that there were times he could barely live with himself. He doesn’t want to remember that absolute panic and dread he’d felt at the council meeting when he saw that Lucas was very much alive and not only still living, but now living as a werewolf. He’d known in that moment that his life was going to be forever owned by Kris. He’d followed her so blindly and worshipped the ground she walked on, only to fail and disappoint her, and in turn, give up his life for her cause.

He opens his eyes again as a few silent tears fall and hit the window. He quickly wipes them away and focuses on what he has to do now. Since Alex had failed to kill Lucas when he was supposed to, Kris’s new plan had been to stalk Charlie and Lucas until she found a spot of weakness for them both. With the news of the arrival of a little girl, the opportunity Kris had been waiting for had fallen right into her lap and there was nothing Alex could do to stop it.

Alex resolves in that moment to do anything in his power, and maybe even slightly beyond it, to stop Kris from hurting his little sister anymore. He brings this goal to the forefront of his mind and his brain begins to plot against the woman who for years has run and ruined his life. It’s a race against time for Alex to make his plan as Kris turns onto the freeway and begins the journey back to their hometown where an inevitable war is about to be waged.

© 2018 RayLynn


Author's Note

RayLynn
Let me know what y'all think of this ending

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You sent me a friend request some time ago & sorry I have not gotten to it. I've been sketchy on this website lately & I've been trying to get caught up. Usually the hardest thing is getting people to read a book on this website, since it's a bigger investment of time. I try to spend my reviewing time giving as many people some attention as I can, so that's why I pushing the book until later. I can't promise to give this a good "going over" becuz your writing is already top-notch. You're strong in storytelling, as well as the mechanics of writing. You do a great mix of description & dialogue to show us the scene & help us get to know your characters. Great straddle of the "human" world with hints of werewolf. There's really nothing I can think of as a suggestion . . . Fondly, Margie

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 8, 2018
Last Updated on October 8, 2018

Author

RayLynn
RayLynn

Superior, WI



About
Just a poor girl from a poor family putting herself through school and writing along the way more..

Writing
Poetry Book Poetry Book

A Poem by RayLynn