Solitudes paradox

Solitudes paradox

A Poem by Razer990
"

My take on loneliness

"
I've been pondering the phenomenon of loneliness, and what exactly it means to me personally. I'm sure that everyone breeds their own version, even though a lot of times the reasoning seems commonplace. But it's because of these minute differences that we can claim individuality. Loneliness, to me, is not the absence of pleasurable company. A hand to hold. The airy scent of a woman's hair warmed by the sun. It's not a silent house or an empty corridor, nor is it the longing for ones far away home. For me loneliness is a staggering lack of empathy. The elusive stimulation of like minded philosophy. It's in the shallow eyes of a beautiful stranger. The sneering jests of those who would condemn intelligence and compassion. It's the mass deception of an entire people to believe that they are fundamentally incompatible with one another. Inevitably flawed. To presume the merits of another's soul based purely on an aesthetic impression. Loneliness is to stand alone in a crowd. It's the blind anger you feel towards those unable understand your heart. The undying need for change. It's the craving of love lost. The desire to feel anything, even if it's agony. It's an unfinished book, an unrealized dream, a regrettable sunset. It's the letting go of someone close to you, and it's an elegant song bound forever to haunting memories. Loneliness is a lot of things, to a lot of people, but one must never forget the important distinction between feeling alone, and truly being alone. Because time and time again I've been a victim of my own self doubt, only to find that I was never truly alone, for I've managed to surround myself with people who are capable of love without the need of understanding. And though it may not be enough to completely fill the void I've created within myself, it's certainly enough to keep me breathing. So I ask those who read this to consider these things, and know that all of us are capable of finding people who will hold us up, until our search is done and our loneliness quenched. So do not despair, for the comfort you seek is within you. Embrace it.

© 2017 Razer990


Author's Note

Razer990
Any feedback is appreciated. Feel free to share if you like it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Its truly a great work......
Many a times loneliness is our own silly perception...
Thanks for sharing.....

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Razer990

6 Years Ago

Thanks for the feedback
Zephyr

6 Years Ago

My pleasure......

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 11, 2017
Last Updated on May 11, 2017

Author

Razer990
Razer990

Oakville, WA



About
I am an aspiring, currently unschooled writer. I write everything from poetry to fantasy, sci-fy and even music. I don't really have any other writer friends to discuss my work with. I'm an amateur at.. more..

Writing