My Greatness

My Greatness

A Story by Perry

My Greatness

 

The day has finally came when they’re taking me away, but don't worry if i did something wrong i'd be scared but they're wrong and even though i haven't any kinda religion i find faith knowing that their faith is wrong. Beatings, spitz to the face, and threatz of death. They become aggravated cause i just smile and fail to fear there lil show, yet at the same time i fail at nothing at this moment, my reckoning, my darkest days i find a light at the end uf the tunnel that keeps my hopes lifted and i dont quite understand and there was never a name given to this feeling i feel, i guess itz just simply feeling. They find pleasure in my misery yet the pleasure is all mine because it's they that are so miserable. I never in my life made anything worth making nor have i been anything great in the name of greatness but ive lived free and all tho they've stripped me from my freedom im still free, and all though they resent me and i dont understand but nor do they understand why i dont resent them, i think that all tho they may feel they have the upper hand and they feel they are so great, truly it is i that have the upper hand 'cuz no matter how much they hate me i’ll love them 'til the end and maybe in time they'll see that and know, and knowing that i feel ive finally found my greatness.

© 2009 Perry


Author's Note

Perry
Idk i just wrote this one day and it's random and isn't necessarily about me nor does it go into description about what is really going on, I like the point it get's across and I'd like to know what people think about my style on this one and how I was trying to keep the sentences contradicting themselves in a way. I like to consider this more of a little style of poetry Ive acquired rather than a story and it doesnt rhyme but i tried to kinda make the sentences rhyme in a way: not like dog, log; cat, rat kinda rhyming but just like a contradictory repeating of phrases and morphing them.. also any grammar is pretty much MIA but I never really liked grammar class lol. idk how to really explain but I'd like to know what people think of this style of writing...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really liked this...and quite honestly I can't even tell you why, because I don't know. But I just really like it

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 7, 2009
Last Updated on August 15, 2009

Author

Perry
Perry

Platteville, WI



About
My name is Perry Moore, I'd describe myself as just a soul truly trying to find my higher self, my soul so I can describe who I am truly to myself. I don't consider myself a poet or writer, I like.. more..

Writing
Perception Perception

A Poem by Perry