Will, Happens

Will, Happens

A Story by Radad Ibn Nasir
"

A self-expressive piece on will power and acknowledgement.

"
 I wonder what it would be like to live life as a single tear? Squeezed out by the force of an emotional awakening, to hinder the sight that bore me for a few seconds then plummet down an unkissed cheek leaving a trail that shines behind me like an unmarked path that leads to a hidden treasure. Gravity will submit me to take one straight path; downward.  I will roll to the edge of the chin and re-evaluate my situation, "Shall I drip out of existence?" I'll think, as no tear before me has ever thought. I'll gather more glistening moisture until I am a mass of shivering heaviness. For a split second, the shivering will cease and I'll expand off the precipice into a perfectly spherical ball, never betraying my true form. But at my most perfect anticipatory harmonizing moment into the unknowns of creation and destruction… I will realize that I was born out of joy. And I'll fall gracefully into time and space and land in a fine splatter of eroded earth. Unknowingly, beyond any possible comprehension of any living creature’s mind, I will be absorbed by a seed covered beneath soil. The seed will bond its will with my evaporating entity and I will cease to be a tear ever after. Time will break the earth and a tree will stand in my honor with leaves that will slap against one another in the wind commemorating my existence. A tree humming with the sound of an open applause, dedicated as an eternal standing ovation of brilliance to the sacrifice of commitment.

Life happens. Will, happens.         

                        

 

 

 

 

I dedicate this piece to the following inspirational people of all time, those whose brilliant minds were committed to an understanding of life that even death could not subdue.

 

El Greco, the painter who saw his own history.  

Alfred Wegener, the scientist who connected the continents after they broke.

Galileo Galilei, an astronomer who could see beyond what he was told.

Gregor Johann Mendel, a priest who cultivated enlightenment.

Henry Darger, a writer and artist always outside, looking in.

Henry David Thoreau, the natural, a writer who influenced Ghandi and Tolstoy.

Edgar Allan Poe, the clue, which everybody missed. First to ever write a detective story.

Emily Dickinson, the poet who turned life and death into words.

Franz Kafka, the Tried, who wanted more time to write.

Vincent van Gogh, the artist who knew not what he sews.

 

Every single one of these people has an inspiring story, but what brings them together is there commitment and dedication to what they believed in. Each individual lived as life happens and only when they ceased to exist did they become world renown for their contributions to society.There is no stopping creativity, for its birth is our salvation.

© 2011 Radad Ibn Nasir


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Beautiful! This write is one of a kind. I couldn't help smiling as I was reading your lines picturing each and every step of your tear's story, wondering how you would describe the following stage... Amazingly written with inspiring talent!
Thank you, I love it :)
Salaam

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Beautiful! This write is one of a kind. I couldn't help smiling as I was reading your lines picturing each and every step of your tear's story, wondering how you would describe the following stage... Amazingly written with inspiring talent!
Thank you, I love it :)
Salaam

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is truly inspiring and a thoughtful piece. Quite vivid imagery and passion. I like it you can live life only once and how you choose is vital.

Posted 12 Years Ago


oh gosh,,,,,, this is a mindblowing awakening, WOW, absolutely astounding~
Shall I drip out of existence?" -----------> I will realize that I was born out of joy.


amazing...

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow this was inspiring...you have such amazing vision and you put it so eloquently..just great!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I have never been in awe such as now..........honestly, what a writer from deep depths of imagination, coupled with a wisdom a 23 year old should not have at this time in life......and an honours list of people, how right you are, there is no stopping creativity, for its birth is our salvation.
I am feeling kind of sad I won't be around when your approaching 50..........because you will have gained in strength and wisdom, and then the world is yours.

Posted 13 Years Ago


You really know how to draw the reader in, and the moving dedication made it even better. On to the next!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really enjoyed that, it really made me smile. Your vision and execution stands out at this site, and I am really happy to have found your short story. It leads me to rise above the mediocrity I see in so many works, I will make a conscious effort from now on to produce in my writing everything I think it will benefit from. Needless to say, your little article inspired me, it made me think a little clearer. Gd stuff.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
The imagery's beautiful, but you already know that, the message is simple but powerful, and the homage to those few great men makes your point all that much more important. I don't even know why I'm reviewing since I don't add much. Just felt like letting you know the piece is pretty awesome.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

507 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 16, 2010
Last Updated on December 25, 2011
Tags: Will, Poe, Tolstoy, Ghandi, Reading, feeling, art, self-expression, human, nature

Author

Radad Ibn Nasir
Radad Ibn Nasir

Youngstown, OH



About
A voice without a canvas is just an echo heard throughout time. Sometimes children ask me to play, so I play. The elderly beckon with wisdom and I syphon. I think I was born an expression... I hav.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


1 1

A Chapter by Brad