Chapter One: Her Dreams

Chapter One: Her Dreams

A Chapter by Niikozilla

Her footsteps patted through the rain, walking in a slow fluid motion. She was umbrella free, not seeming to mind that and found no shelter from the growing downpour.

Why, Why, Why?
She thought over in her head. An image flashed by quickly but she ignored it like the other times.

Him, Him, Him…
She shook her head, stopping quickly and stomping her foot on the ground. A puddle splashed up, getting some water on her already soaked face. She wiped her cheeks and brows with her damped sweater sleeve before continuing back to her pace in the cold rain. No hood; No protection.

One car went zooming by right past the stop sign near her street. She scoffed and kept her gaze back toward the gray sidewalk. His image flashed through her mind once more; She stopped.

“Go away!” She bellowed at no one, clenching her fists and holding back the tears that threatened to break free.

Not here, Not here, Not here… Never again…
 The echos of her own voice broke through her mind.

A silent tear broke free, sliding slowly and delicately down her pale cheek. She wiped at it quickly with her forearm. The image of him standing tall, stern and adorable sketched before her. She closed her eyes and hit her head against a wet tree bark, causing the transparent image of him to disperse.

“Please, go away…” She whispered, opening her eyes and staring at someone’s quiet home. More tears escaped but, she brushed them off and proceeded on the path to loneliness. She was cold; shivering. She clung to herself with a desperate need of warmth. She would surely get sick, she knew it. But, she didn’t care in the least if that were the case. Its been 2 years… And he still comes to my mind. It was only him in particular. He was the guy; he was her perfect dream guy. One that vanished from her life that one day.

She finally came to a halt at her door step, retrieving her key from her pocket and yet, she couldn't go on. She abruptly fell to her knees, staring up at the grayish-black sky with a look of a lost child. Thunder roared over head and lightning flashed in the distance. She finally stood up to place the key in the whole and opened up her door. She walked in dripping wet, her feet trudging up the stairs in the dark,  empty house. She had removed her clothes while going up, throwing them aside in her room as she passed and stepping into the bathroom. Glancing towards the mirrors taunting reflection, her straight lips turned downwards.

In the mirror appeared a pale girl with dark, royal blue eyes and dark brown, curly hair that stopped at her mid-back. She was slender, not model skinny. She glanced down at her belly piercing before undoing the clip and took it off. She turned the shower on, stepping in to be greeted by cold water again until it warmed and soothed her tense muscles. She stood there with her head bowed; water paving against her neck and through her hair. Steam wrapped around her body like a smoky blanket. The heat felt good but, she was no where happy or satisfied. Not since then.

As she got out the shower and pulled the curtain back, he stood there; looking right at her. She didn’t dare move. He held out his hand to her, but as she blinked, he vanished.

“No…” she whispered, eyes going wide, “no! No! Please, come back! Come back to me. I need you here!” She cried, kneeling down in the tub and pressing her back against the tile wall. “You were my everything. I trusted you. I loved you. I love you…” She grabbed her head as it shook. Her wet hair clung to the sides of her face and strands on her arms. Her blue eyes searched the bathroom for any sign of him.

“Why?” She screamed in the bathroom. “You said you loved me, too! You said you would take care of me; protect me, make me belong. You gave me life and took it away!” she yelled again. Stepping out the shower and throwing a cup at the glass; it shook violently before coming to a stop. She stared at her reflection again to see a helpless and lonely girl stare back

“You did this to me!” She grabbed a towel to wrap around her body and stormed out the bathroom into her room. She slammed the door shut, sliding down with her back against it. She snatched the remote from her bureau, her eyes gazing over the many buttons before finding the play button. She instantly knew the song that began to sing... It was just the song to make her finally lose what little sanity she had left.

“Notice me. Take my hand…”

Lightning lit up her room in a dramatic effect. Her face flashed in it, revealing a depressed girl curled up in front of her door and crying.

“Why are we… strangers when… our love is strong. Why carry on without me?”

The window opened slowly, but due to the coursing music, she didn’t hear. The thunder clashed outside her room; she closed her eyes and rested her head against a desk that was standing beside her. Her royal blue eyes slowly rose up to him, her mouth gawking in wonder. His feet, lower body, upper body, head. Her eyes traced his jaw that was clenching and dripping with water. His pale, pink, seductive lips... His straight, perfect nose. His eyebrow were glittered with drops of rain. She locked onto his eyes.

“I make believe, that you are here… It’s the only way… I see clear."

Another bolt of lightning lit the sky in brightness. His own pale face glowed before darkening again as the lightning ceased.

“What have I done? You seem to move on easily.”

“Not real…” She whispered in shock.

“I may have made it rain…”

“You aren’t here, d****t.”

“Please forgive me… My weakness caused you pain… And this song is my sorry…”

The chorus played as she was glued to the intensity of his deep green eyes. His shaggy brown hair still dripped with rain drops. “R-” He clenched down on his jaw, his hoarse voice struggled to say words. His muscles were contracting as he clenched and uncurled his hands. “R-Rose.” It was as if he hadn’t spoken that name in forever. He walked over to her, bending down and stroking her delicate cheek with his thumb. “Rose…” He murmured softly, looking her in the eyes. Several seconds passed and she was sobbing again, shaking her head.

"At night I pray... That soon your face will fade away..."

“Please, go away. Why are you torturing me this way!” She closed her eyes and pulled away, clenching the towel around her body as she began to back away from what she thought was a figment of her imagination. What devilish hallucination was this? “I want my mind off of you! Leave me be… Just let me go…”

He pulled her into a tight hug and she hugged back, feeling a solid image as she squeezed harder. “Will…” She whispered the name she wanted to forget.

“No more crying, Rose. I came back just for you…just for you, Rose.”

“Every time I try to fly, I fall. Without my wings I feel so small. I guess I need you, Baby. Every time I see you in my dreams, I see your face. You’re haunting me. I guess I need you, Baby..."

- - - - - - -

I opened my eyes to the darkness of my room. My eyes darted back and forth around the familiar box shaped area to find that one thing I was just dreaming of. I bit my lip and held back my tears. "Why...?"


© 2012 Niikozilla


Author's Note

Niikozilla
The Italics are a song by Britney Spears called 'Everytime'.
:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I hope to read more, i was impressed by this piece!
Keep up the twisted love and confusion i like it!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
1 Review
Added on May 10, 2011
Last Updated on March 2, 2012


Author

Niikozilla
Niikozilla

Orlando, FL



About
Hey, I'm Brittany and I'm 19 years old. My close friends usually call me Niiko, hence where Niikozilla came from~ Uh, I love books. I'm a book-a-holic :) I love animals and painting, reading, writing,.. more..

Writing
Maybe I Can... Maybe I Can...

A Chapter by Niikozilla