Prologue - The Unknowns Book 2

Prologue - The Unknowns Book 2

A Chapter by Luix Rives

“Hello and welcome back to 93.5 KLVC. So Lauren what do we have on the new today to report?”

“Well Justin today marks the six month anniversary of the new task force.”

“Wow it’s been six months already.”

“Yes ever since those chain attacks occurred including the attack on the high school, here it is…Durango.”

“That is also the first confirm sighting of the Unknown right?”

“Oh I knew you were going to bring him up.” Spence said annoyingly

“That is right Mark. Since then he’s been the talk of the city, everyone wants to know who he is including the task force.”

“That is true Lauren.”

“Well anyway since the start of the task force, crime has been at an all-time low, with very little activity from the known organization calling themselves the acolytes. Arrest have been made but the activity level has decreased since the attacks.”

“So money well spent.”

“Not enough if this Unknown character is still lurking around.”

“Spence you’re just not a fan of his.”

“Mark You only became a fan once it was confirmed he was real. I don’t know how I feel about a masked person running around taking matters into his own hand, like he’s trying to be a superhero.”

“I think it sounds sexy.”

“You would think that Lauren.”

“What? There’s a guy out there running around like a modern day Batman.”

“For all you know the Unknown could be the ugliest guy alive.”

“I don’t care how ugly he is, he’s kicking butt and taking names, that’s sexy.”

“Pshhhh…please.”

“You have to admit he’s still out there making a difference.”

“Regardless if he is or not what gives him the right to go out there and be above the law.”

“At least he’s doing something. Mark help me out.”

“So we went far away from the original segment of the show which is fine, because this topic is always a good one, so sinners let’s hear what you thoughts are, do you agree with Lauren or Spence. Call in with your opinions after this new song from Zaya.”

It’s a thought that’s always plagued my mind from the beginning. What gave us the right? Why do we get to decide? The public has view the Unknown in both the positive and negative light. Often with the conflicting arguments that the Unknown is doing good for the city versus putting us in the same category as the acolytes. I do feel responsible for what happened, even though I was small pawn in a much bigger game. I have constantly fought with these thoughts often wondering why I continue doing this but then I am reminded each night I go out. I may not have powers and therefore don’t have to follow that great responsibility saying but I am capable of doing something, therefore I am and will. This is my story of the Unknowns.



© 2016 Luix Rives


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the concept (the whole radio/talk show storytelling). This strikes me as a first draft, or at least a very early draft. Be sure to take your time with this. I would suggest going back and redesigning this story. Ask yourself what you want to story to tell, and be sure that you're always making progress toward that goal. Try to make your dialogue realistic by picturing people actually saying it, and keep an eye out for grammar and spelling. You have a good base here. This story has an interesting spin on it, and it could be pretty good with a little fine tuning.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Please let me know what you think of the over all story. I do know grammar can be improved and if there is something that sticks out please let me know. Any criticism good or bad is much appreciated. Thank you

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 20, 2016
Last Updated on April 22, 2016


Author

Luix Rives
Luix Rives

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have countless dreams and an endless imagination that I want to share. I enjoy writing stories and making something that I can say, yeah that was me :)~ more..

Writing
Retic Retic

A Story by Luix Rives