Love Theory

Love Theory

A Story by Riverdance
"

My little view of Love <3

"

Ok, so this is probably one of the most unanswered questions of all time, but it is a mystery I've explored for several years.

 

 What is love? 

 

Is it just a strong physical attraction, like the magnetic bond between animals for a short time, or is there a deeper meaning behind those four letters?  

 

Personally, I believe that love is a small word for the idea of 'soul mates', but over the years has lost its divine meaning to the sin of petty human indulgences .  

 

 Love should be between two people that literally complete each other. 

  

And yes, I do believe everyone has a 'true love'/'soul mate'. 

 

 People seem to have at least one person in the world that looks like them, right?  Everyone's noticed it.  It's just a common DNA strand and traits that flows through the typical person.  Does this, then, not coincide with the theory of a mirror image in the opposite sex, mentally rather, than physically?  If people can have 'physical twins', I believe people can have 'mental twins'.    

 

 So the idea is a bit complex, but love should be between those two people who think alike, share many of the same interests and ideas, and who can be happy together by just being in each other's presence without the additional physical pleasures.  

 

 

  What is love, then? 

 

 Two best friends can love and complete each other.

 

 After all, that other half would be a person whom complete trust can be placed in and will be by your side no matter what situation life presents.  Why, then, do so many people stop at infatuation and desire alone, if a greater bond exists?     

 

 Well, I don't hold the answers, but people are impatient.    

 

 

 Also, if you don't know the difference between the two types of love, what's going to hold the person back from that "first love"?  Not many people can ever find their true love because they lack the patience to keep up the search after meeting the simple physical desires of the human nature.  After all, it's not really a small world after all.  With technology these days, and transportations, there are NO limitations…

 

 

 And love takes time.

© 2008 Riverdance


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

to much fun with colors? Nah!! It's you poem, your work... do what makes you happy!! ;~)

What is LOVE, It my be the alltime biggest queston of human kind. I haven't spent to much time looking for it over my 43 years but, am oh so grateful for the love that is a part of my life! Family and friends support me through the good and bad times as I support them thru their "times". That's one of the things love is all about... least that's what I believe. Those that COMPLETE us... wow... so true; for if one person hadn't crossed our path, even those we don't recall... wouldn't we be somehow less than who we are now if they hadn't entered our life? ;~) Good poem, thanks for making me think and recall.... Bear

Posted 16 Years Ago


This is quite an interesting piece of writing. Truthfully, I don't believe in either true love or soulmates, or that everyone has someone they are destined for. I can't see how any two people could ever completely trust each other much less complete each other, because people are born into wickedness and in wickedness they remain. People will always be drawn to break and hurt the things dearest to them, no matter what the reason. Such base creatures as humans will never aquire or even deserve the type of bond you speak of here. I think the best thing to do is find someone who you are, at first, physically attracted to, and then over time work to build a more meaningful relationship. Sorry, dearheart, but I guess I just take the more logical standpoint on this topic. The writing was good though, you expressed your opinion nicely, great job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is deep and truly from the heart. =) I agree with all that you've put into words. You're able to write things that I know but can't express. Good job sis. Thanks for that. I believe in it. If best friends complete you, so should a soul mate.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 7, 2008
Last Updated on July 7, 2008

Author

Riverdance
Riverdance

AR



About
Move MeSep 4, 2008 - Sep 7, 2008 Interested in a contest? Soaring high above the clouds Below a world no longer mine Free from troubles has its price Loneliness unveils its light Hey there! I'm Kan.. more..

Writing
Unwelcome Unwelcome

A Poem by Riverdance


Borderline Borderline

A Story by Riverdance