Puddles.

Puddles.

A Story by Crimson_Catastrophe

Leah stared at the ceiling. She'd always had trouble falling asleep, and that night was no exception.
The clock on the wall read 4:18.
Sighing, Leah decided to give up on sleep. She reached over and felt around her nightstand for the book she'd been reading earlier.SHe grabbed her cellphone and tapped the screen. It was bright enough to serve as a flashlight.
Almost out of habit, she glided the beam of blue-white light around the room. She nearly turned the phone back to the book when her eye caught on something.
Water.
Drips  of water had been splattered across the floor. 
Leah sat up, confused.
She tapped the screen and swung the beam around the room again. That was when she saw it.
A small puddle of water sat near the doorway. The rest of the droplets glittered under the harsh light.
Leah followed down the line of drops, feeling a feeling of dread creep over her as they began to form a trail.
The light finally hit the foot of her bed, from which a small lake of water was spreading. 
Leah felt her hands shake as she stared at it.
Slowly, she leaned forward. The mattress let out a loud groan that made her jump.
A panicked sound escaped her throat.
 She moved closer, until she was nearly at the edge when something flew out from under the bed.
Leah kept back, letting out shaky moans as she pushed herself away from the edge. She could see the raw,slimy hand grip the edge of the bed. 
And then the light went out.
Leah panicked, frantically tapping the screen, trying to get her light back, to no avail. The screen stayed dark.
She whimpered. 
And then she let out an earsplitting scream as something cold grabbed her ankle, and pulled.

© 2013 Crimson_Catastrophe


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

D'aaaw, its just my character Varne wanting to come out and play with your Leah :P

Its definitely interesting! I got a chill at the part where she saw a hand! Creepy!

There's some sentences/paragraphs that need editing and seeing as this is only an excerpt I can't really go into details, but I hope you'll keep me posted when you finally upload the rest of the story!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Crimson_Catastrophe

11 Years Ago

I've been planning to edit it for a while, but I keep forgetting.
:P
Which paragraphs we.. read more
L0v3craft

11 Years Ago

nothing big, but I think you should add the second paragraph to the first since there's no real brea.. read more
Holy s**t. By the gods. I like it! It is dark and it did scare me since it's something many of us can relate to(staying up late). There is not much I can say, seeing as this is a short piece of writing, but I'd like to read more about these eerie puddles and whatever lurks under the bed.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 18, 2012
Last Updated on April 19, 2013

Author

Crimson_Catastrophe
Crimson_Catastrophe

About
I like good music, bitter coffee, pretty words, and ugly truths. John Green is my spirit animal. more..

Writing