Escape

Escape

A Story by R. Schreiber
"

I wrote this for a friend last minute because I saw how people were treating her and how they don't even realize or understand what it's all like. I'm not the kind of person who stands by and watches.

"
You're sitting over in your group of perfect people laughing and being happy, while she's walking towards the bathroom stalls where no one can see her cry. She sits there through out the hour without anyone noticing she's gone. No one misses her, no one cares about her, no one talks to her... Well, unless you count the times you've told her to kill herself. The times you've made her feel like she's drowning, while she's looking up at you and your ego laughing and enjoying how much you can hurt someone. Are you proud of that? Are you smiling while she's slitting her wrists to drown out the pain? Are you feeling good about yourself when she's debating whether to hang herself or overdose? Do you even realize that she's got a better heart and personality than you? She's still here. She's still fighting and pushing through it. She does this with her amazing strength and beauty. She does it with confidence in her stride as she walks past you. That is the moment when you realize you were wrong. That is the moment when she will make you feel hate towards yourself, but not with words. No, she does it with the way she's built herself up and become more herself than she ever has been. It'll hit you like a car and you won't know where to go when the glass is all shattered around you. There's no escape from that. But there is an escape from the people that are so weak that they have to take it out on you.

© 2017 R. Schreiber


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on August 27, 2017
Last Updated on August 27, 2017

Author

R. Schreiber
R. Schreiber

About
Overflowing with strikhedonia Feel free to message me with any questions, hope you like my pieces! more..

Writing
TBD TBD

A Story by R. Schreiber


15 15

A Story by R. Schreiber