Broken heart

Broken heart

A Poem by ROSALIND

I loved you with my whole being.
But that trust
Was
Shattered
When you
Betrayed
My heart .

Deep down
My
Head says No
AND MY HEART
SAYS
Yes

© 2020 ROSALIND


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your belief and hope, your words and presence in the cafe show such a personal strength of character. Your husband and children + of all ages, are so lucky to have you. May your dreams always been coloured by that Eternal Rainbow.


Posted 3 Years Ago


The heart give-up last. Always a little of us want the love to be renewed. You said everything needed in the poetry. Thank you dear Rosalind for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 3 Years Ago


The heart never sees reason, does not remember the past and refusesd to take lessons from it. And we still go on heeding it...Loved the simplicty and power of your message!

Posted 3 Years Ago


And what a dilemma you find yourself in. We continually allow our heart to rule where love is concerned and that is why we suffer. A lovely little piece of brevity.

Chris

Posted 3 Years Ago


This is indeed the trouble with people with open hearts. They are vulnerable to being taken advantage of and may even forgive abusive partners because of their need to love and be loved in a state of low self-esteem. Written in a short, punchy style.

Posted 3 Years Ago


nothing worse than love betrayed. i know the feeling all too well. well said and something many can relate to ... :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


So many can relate to this one Rosalind. When your heart rules your head. And you love someone you should not.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Trust is a relationship MUST and when broken, it not only destroys a current relationship but may even hinder any future opportunities! Great brave share my friend and a commendable poetic write - bravo... :-)

Posted 5 Years Ago


Heartbreaking, yet the heart and the brain don't always agree. Very nice piece.
-Richard

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

429 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 5, 2017
Last Updated on November 4, 2020

Author

ROSALIND
ROSALIND

EDINBURGH, lothian , United Kingdom



About
Hello my name is Rosalind and I first started writing poetry in April of 2011. I am a born again Christian and have a wonderful relationship with father God I would have never imagined for one second.. more..

Writing
Faith Faith

A Poem by ROSALIND



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..