WILD MUSTANG

WILD MUSTANG

A Poem by 914

It was to be the beginning of the end for the new frontier when wild mustangs ran wild and free from every part of the land west of the Mississippi. A wild mustang was she standing all of 15 hands or more and a shine to her coat from a distance you could tell who was running this herd of wild mustangs. The free grazing land was over when ownership shook hands and needed to rid themselves of these free grazing mustangs that took over. A bounty was set high and cowboys came in from all over the west for a chance of filling their pockets full and this black beauty of a prize to boot. Months after months passed by and spring to summer then fall came in, but no bounty was cashed in and only a handful of cowboys were left still trying to rid the land of these wild mustangs. A union of these cowboys was made and a study of this black beauty's habit made the capturing of of these wild mustangs possible. Lassoing them in one bye on as the dust rose high it was nearly impossible to see this black beauty of a prize only the sound of her hoofs when she stomped to the ground and these cowboys kept moving in on her. I guess this black beauty was tired from running all day and tired of months of being chased as she made an abrupt turn for the end of the plateau to run free forever in the wild frontier......

© 2016 914


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
Added on April 30, 2016
Last Updated on May 11, 2016

Author

914
914

Boise, ID



About
No claims here, I just write.... more..

Writing
Last train home Last train home

A Poem by 914


HEAVEN HEAVEN

A Story by 914


PEANUT PEANUT

A Story by 914