Dimenticare’s

Dimenticare’s

A Story by SaganPage







“Hey … its uh … it's me! Just callin’ to let you know I probably won't be able to make it on Saturday.”

“Oh hey …  you sure you can’t make it out, even for an hour or so…?”

“Yeah um … something um … yeah, some other plans came up.”

“Oh um … well alrig-”

“Hey! I got to go! I'll call you back when I get a chance and we can find another day maybe; sound good?

“Alright … I lov-”

“Alright, I'll catch you later … Bye!”

“Okay, Bye by-”

*Click*


His machine beeped through the phone



“Hey, it’s me … just calling to find out if you’ve found another date!  Call me back. Love you. Be safe. Bye-bye.


*Click*


“Hope you’re having a good week at work! Give me a call soon! Let's have lunch this weekend! Call me back.  Love you. Be safe. Bye-bye.

          *Click*


“Hey …  Lunch sounds good. How about Dimenticare’s? It's on third. ... see you soon.”

        *Click*

        …

“Hey. Jus me again.  This weekend right? Call me back! ASAP!”


*Click*


His son arrived that Saturday shortly after 11:30.


*Knock*

*Knock*

*Knock*


He was surveying the plants and decor around him, he assumed his father would be out on a day like this.  It was gorgeous, perfect to enjoy Dimenticare’s specialty Gelato.  It was limited, only served during the summer months.  


*Knock*

*Knock*

*Knock*


He used his father's hidden key, stashed under a concrete slab; on it was his baby feet, solidified in stone by his father years and years ago.  He opened the door.

His footsteps echoed as he called for his father.  He walked to the phone where he pressed the message button.  It spoke,


“You have 2 new messages...



*Beep*



“Hey …  Lunch sounds good. How about Dimenticare’s? …”


He was puzzled.  He paced around the room looking for his father until making his way upstairs; the second message was playing as he walked.  Opening his father he saw him curled on under his covers. He had passed days before.


© 2019 SaganPage


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

46 Views
Added on April 22, 2019
Last Updated on April 22, 2019
Tags: Allegory