My World

My World

A Story by Sahreinah
"

This is how I view the world.

"
Imagine the following:

There is a set of scales on a table. A person is using it to divide pieces of gold into two piles of the same weight. On one side they place only a few pieces of gold, but each is big and worth a lot. On the other side they place very small pieces that are individually not worth much, but there are a lot of them. The scales are perfectly balanced.
However, on the table there is one last piece of gold. But it is so incredibly small that it is not worth anything. It is merely a speck. The person does not even put it on the scales. It remains on the table; abandoned, alone, and no matter how much it wants to, it just cannot get up on the scales.

Now imagine this:

The person is the universe. The set of scales is our planet. The pieces of gold are the people living on it. The speck is me.

I suffer from depression, and this is my world.

© 2016 Sahreinah


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think that you should remember that on one side of the scale it took all of those little pieces to balance the scale against the big pieces. They were necessary and so are you!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sahreinah

7 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind reminder :) I'm lucky to have my depression somewhat under control, but I st.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AUU
This was good.

I wish I could write compelling metaphors like this.

I'm not sure if this is a character or you talking, but none-the-less they're interesting.

Keep it up.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sahreinah

7 Years Ago

Thank you :) It is me talking, and I do suffer from longterm depression. For years I have felt as if.. read more
What if I told you that you were the creator of the person who divides the gold? That you are beyond even that?

Posted 7 Years Ago


I'm so glad someone was able to put this into words. Beautifully written as well. Wonderful job :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sahreinah

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the kind words!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

392 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 21, 2016
Last Updated on June 21, 2016

Author

Sahreinah
Sahreinah

Sweden



About
Sometimes I write a lot. Sometimes I don't write at all. more..

Writing