Break up

Break up

A Story by Sanghita
"

My forgotten past that suddenly appeared before me..

"
My shirt had become wet as my body exuded excessive perspiration. Air conditioners failed to comfort me. I was unpleased by the occupier of the berth beside me. Though she hadn't noticed me yet but my problem was that I noticed her and recognized her. I tried to distract my mind from her and looked outside through the train's window. I was returning Kolkata, my hometown, from Dehradun. I went there for a trip but hadn't expected it would end like that. Natural aspects couldn't tempt me at that situation. The picturesque scenery made me call up one face. The face which I wanted to forget forever but it again proved it's existence in my mind. I failed to forget it or my co-passenger succeeded to make me remember that face. Trains of thoughts were occurring accidents at every seconds in my brain.
Bandana's voice pulled me out of the ocean of memories and thoughts. Bandana, my co-passenger was the girl whom I met in my college days, with whom I shared my tiffin and hot gossips. Our trendy topics were all about -handsome boys, floral printed miniskirts and make up tips. Of course we must had to talk on such weird things as we were titled 'THE BUTTERFLIES ' of our college. We were girls with juicy lips, hot pants and slim, long legs. We were the temptations of men and subjects of envy of women. Besides all that we shared a deep bond of friendship. We were best friends. Not only our beauty but people also envied our bonding. With one another, we were unbeatable and separately we were incomplete.
English literature was our subject, the subject that has now made me established in life and the subject that showered bliss of fortune to Bandana by gifting Varun to her life. We met Varun in Prof. R.D's class. Our respected madam was teaching us Shakespeare's comedy. However Varun was busy to set his own comedy. I was Varun's crush and he endeavoured to turn his crush into true love. Thereafter he accomplished his best to light love's lamp in my mind for him and succeeded. Anyway, both of us were unknown to the fact that destiny had made another plan previously. We didn't know that Bandana had the same feelings for Varun that he had for me.
One day while Varun was wooing me, I discovered a letter from the left chain of his bag. The letter was written by Ranjan to Ashok, our classmates. It stated some verses that meant - Varun flirted with me and deceived me. Varun's actual ambition was to win Bandana's heart using me. Hence he played just a game. Of course, that letter was enough to run riots in my brain. It was enough to lead me to break our relationship. It suggested that I was just an idiot befooled by Varun whom once I trusted and might have loved alot. Then my brain even forced me to break relation with Bandana as I found no reason to continue our friendship inspite of being cheated and betrayed. Then I parted ways and moved on. Ten or may be twelve years had passed away since that.
It's not that I haven't enjoyed Bandana's warm greet and hug but it astonished me. I thought she was quite happier than me by having Varun's love and romance. Though I was more successful in professional life, her personal life was no doubt better than me. She hailed me a ' good morning ' and started fluently talking with me as we did in our salad days, without hesitating. Consequently I needed to hinder my silence and have a nice chat. Hence I started asking her, not how was she but I enquired how was Varun.. Hearing his name, she startled, as if someone had asked her to tell her actual age. She exclaimed, " Varun!! What can I tell you about him?" I asked why not she did know anything about him? Then I felt like a statue. I couldn't articulate. My throats became dry. She explained me everything, starting from that Varun wasn't her beloved husband, even that letter was false and a prank. Ashok and Ranjan had conspired to make Varun feel unease infront of me and to break our friendship. I remembered that Ashok was fond of me and had proposed me earlier than Varun. She even made me realise that after I broke up and joined another college, Varun committed suicide. I fainted. Then I didn't have the courage to even trust myself. I don't know what is true and what is false. I just only know that 'trust' is the foundation of love and if it is not strong then no matter, how much cement of romance, how much sand of care and how much water of sexual pleasure one puts in, the apartment collapses inevitably.

© 2016 Sanghita


Author's Note

Sanghita
Please read this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on March 29, 2016
Last Updated on March 29, 2016
Tags: Was it a joke?

Author

Sanghita
Sanghita

Kolkata , Hindu , India



About
I am a new born writer.. more..

Writing