Mirrors

Mirrors

A Poem by Sanbino Rodriguez-White
"

Want Do You See When You Look In The Mirror..?

"
I look in the mirror, and what do I see, this ugly thing is staring at me, its followed my movement, locked onto my eyes, I can't escape the gaze, it has on mine, It starts creeping and crawling an falling in the floor, I want to close my eyes so I don't see it anymore, I look in the mirror and what do I see, something dead, something empty, its hollow eyes is like a mask, it wears it to hide its past, I look in the mirror and what do I see, the thing is yelling its screaming at me, I can't move I can't speak, I just watched in dismay, I can't flinch I can't weep, I just hope it goes away I look in the mirror an to my surprise, there's nothing, not a figure, not even dead eyes, my confusion turns to fear then back to confusion, I look in the mirror and what do I see, A boy who's alone, watching the world drift away, the more the world turns the unhappier he seems, The sadness consumes him, and the silence is deep, the boy is still lonely as sad as a clown, I wonder what happened that got him so down, I look in the mirror that hangs on the wall and I come face to face with this thing after all, I look in the mirror and what do I see the thing that I fear is staring at me, I look in the mirror that hangs on the wall, and the thing that I fear its me after all.

© 2017 Sanbino Rodriguez-White


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you for entering your poem into the real me contest a very strong honest poem

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sanbino Rodriguez-White

6 Years Ago

You are very welcome, thank you gor the review
heavy words, no one ever wants to feel like they have become what they fear.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

250 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 5, 2017
Last Updated on September 5, 2017
Tags: Poem, Self Confidence, Love, Acceptance, Dark, Sad, Lonely

Author

Sanbino Rodriguez-White
Sanbino Rodriguez-White

Schenectady, NY



About
Poetry is art for those filled with emotions. more..

Writing