When my Soul cried

When my Soul cried

A Poem by Sbwats
"

Emotional words that I hope brings about a relief within self and encourages you to keep pushing no matter what you face.

"
I could feel the foundation breaking at the seams. Running, running, and running to catch the strings.
Preparations to repair the tarnished material making promises to pay attention to quality.
Torn and confused filled with disappointment of self because for the life of me, I don't  know how to be.
Sticking to my heart and giving my best while I try to raise my family right.
Hoping to never give in to the devil, always seeking the Lord and following the light.
Wondering why all they see is my down falls but what about the victories, the attributes; what about my fight?
Watching my dreams fade away before me but the visions of what I love just won't stop.
Gaining and losing focus, trying to clean the spills with no mop.
Lashing out trying to see who is really with me because it seems that they are all against me.
Don't be fooled by the outer layers people portray, some never care about the history.
It cried out so I tried to recreate I tried and tried again.
Each time same speech, "This is where I begin!"
Life is a test bubble who ever really wins?
So much pressure the mind grows lost and they don't see why my head spins.
Fell to my knees with an offering of tears, yes empty, the well went dry.
I felt I had lost myself, losing the will to fight when my Soul cried.


Replenish and restart!

© 2016 Sbwats


Author's Note

Sbwats
What are your honest thoughts about the piece? Did it evoke any emotions with-in?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on June 18, 2016
Last Updated on June 18, 2016

Author

Sbwats
Sbwats

Baltimore, MD



About
In the process of sharing my work with the world. I love writing poetry, short novels and music. more..

Writing
Truthful Lies Truthful Lies

A Poem by Sbwats


A Dozen Roses A Dozen Roses

A Poem by Sbwats