Ambrose

Ambrose

A Chapter by Screamplay
"

The return of the damned.

"

He stood alone on a cliff over looking the small, secluded town wearing an unsatisfied expression. There wasn’t much to look at, not even now, after so many, many years. He had hoped, at a great length, that things might’ve--no--should’ve changed, it certainly had been long enough. But his hopes had proven in vain. Nothing about Redmour Lake had changed in the slightest, except for the addition of tired-looking street lights on various intersections, and that post office on the corner of Creek and Filow looked new, well, under his terms, But everything else remained the same. From the seventeenth century, white clap-board houses to the giant, ancient oaks and ashes that densely surrounded the town on all sides.

 

With a dry sigh he shoved his hands in his pockets. His longish black hair was so black, it shone blue in the late sunlight. He wore a black leather jacket over a tight black V-neck shirt, the neckline plunging low, exposing the skin that stretched tight across his collarbones. Tight black pants covered his legs, bunching up around his ankles where they reached his worn boots. A black belt circled through the loops of the pants that hung low on his waist, the buckle glinting silver, just like the chain that hung around his neck, a simple silver cross dangling on the end.

 

“They won’t come looking for me in a place as warm as this.” He muttered to himself, taking a quick glance over his shoulder. “At least not for now.”

His skin was pale and flawless, like smooth, creamy alabaster, his hair was deepest shade of obsidian and he wore nothing but black. The only color that existed about him were his eyes. They shone such a bright, icy blue that they almost seemed to glow, even in the light.

 

He watched as the last rays of the sun set the sky ablaze with the hot colors of an angry fire. The reds, oranges and yellows set off blue and black highlights in his hair and caused the silver cross to shine even brighter in the last light of the sun.

 

The left corner of his mouth lifted up into a crooked smirk as the light faded and darkness fled to fill the space around him, his favorite moments of the day. When he lifted his head to look up at the star-riddled sky, his smirk pulled into a full grin.

 

“Challenge me. I dare you.” He said, and with that he looked over the edge of the cliff, at the sixty-foot drop and then over at the town before taking a step forward and disappearing over the edge, hands still in his pockets.



© 2010 Screamplay


Author's Note

Screamplay
Tell me what you think, please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Too bad there isn't more to the story. It's interesting.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I love the way this was written, and I would also love to read more! Mind sending me a read request when you have more?

Posted 10 Years Ago


This little bit of the story is very interesting. It certainly makes me curious about the book. You did a wonderful job of building the settiing and using your descriptions to set the mood. Although it was a little short for a chapter, good job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great description and imagery, I could imagine the scene well. I like your beginning, wondering what this will turn into. Looking forward to the next chapter :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was wonderfull. Your description is great Screamplay. The guy has a mysterious edge to him. A edge that any girl would fall in love with. Keep up the good work. But if this a bit of a romance make the guy work to get the girl...please.

Posted 14 Years Ago


The first thought that popped into my head as I started to read this was, "Hey this reminds me of the beginning of Silent Hill 2! Kick a*s!" There were a few things that needed tightening, some typos, and I believe there were a few grammatical errors (but that might just be my sleepiness talking). Anyway, I am curious as to how this tale plays out. Also, maybe it'd help to lengthen the chapter with some more details, to really draw out the atmosphere and what not. All in all though, not a bad read.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

605 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 22, 2010
Last Updated on April 22, 2010
Tags: dark, angel


Author

Screamplay
Screamplay

Pueblo, CO



About
Heey! Um...I love to write, mostly about dark subjects...kinda. I do a lot of original works, as well as fanfiction. Um...if there's anything you'd like to see, just hit me up at death_note_lulluby@li.. more..

Writing
Swear Swear

A Book by Screamplay


Divinity Divinity

A Book by Screamplay