Guardian the Destroyer

Guardian the Destroyer

A Story by [Mackenzie]
"

The second character on my 31 Characters project.

"
Guardian the Destroyer

The shadows shivered, and a shining figure slipped from one dark corner to the next. Moonlight glinted off their silver armor, throwing patterns of light over the walls. A helmet covered their face; the only thing visible was their eyes, shimmering green in the night, pupils like slits. Black gauntlets covered their hands, with silver finger guards, the colours contrasting �" moonlight against blackest night.

The figure ran their hand along the rough stone wall as the prowled the inside of the castle, their armor making almost no noise, even the boots silent against the hard floor. It was as if this person was just a ghost, and the armor was masking who they truly were.

That guess would be correct.

Hiding beneath a metal shell was the one they called Guardian. Some wondered how she made the armor move with her, but she used magic as an excuse �" not as if there was any other explanation.

Guardian was a spirit �" the magical and corrupted soul of one lost long ago. She inhabited the suit of armor as it was the only thing that gave her enough protection �" if she was to be exposed and destroyed, she would be lost forever.

Decades of fighting and little else had begun to corrupt what little humanity the spirit had left. And now, when she fought, when she was angered, normal mortals trembled in fear. They knew from experience that when her eyes glowed, when they shone blood red, and the pupils narrowed somehow further, that she would not stop until her thirst for revenge had been satisfied. And even the smallest thing could set her off �" a mere insult was all it took.

Because of this, nobody had trusted her in a hundred years.

She was unstoppable.

© 2010 [Mackenzie]


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

did you say thirteen?! this is really good for your age, to me it feels like there is a little too much detail though. almost like detail overload, i think that might be cuz my brain is a little slow though haha. idk

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
1 Review
Added on January 1, 2010
Last Updated on January 1, 2010

Author

[Mackenzie]
[Mackenzie]

Auckland, New Zealand



About
My name's Mackenzie, but I'll sign my reviews as Mackeznei because it sounds oh-so-much-cooler. I'm thirteen years old, living in the wonderful country of New Zealand. Oh and I'm a guy now! Unofficial.. more..

Writing
Torture Torture

A Story by [Mackenzie]


Delusional Delusional

A Story by [Mackenzie]