I can make it.

I can make it.

A Story by ShadowHaze
"

Story

"

 

My bare feet pounded on the forest floor. Thump, thump, thump. Running through the small creek, water sprays all over me, but I don’t care. Flinging myself on my favorite tree, I climb high into it, not stopping near the middle this time. Tears began running down my face as I climbed, higher and higher. I hated it when they fought. They always fought! There was no stopping, just like me. Leaves and branches whipped arcoss my exposed skin, and stuck to my clothes, ripping it in some places. I climbed higher, almost at the top. Breaking free of the leaves, I look at the moon, just setting, as the sun peaked through the other side of the world. Closing my eyes, the cool breeze wrapped around me, and my hair whipped around my face. Taking a deep breath I try to clear my mind. I raised my face to the sky, letting the wind touch tenderly to my sweaty neck. Taking another deep breath, I open my eyes, and look at the sun. It was surrounded by clouds and the trees obscured half the sun. A flock of birds passed in front of the sun, outlineing them and turning them a dark shade. Finally I wiped the dry tears from my face, and started climbing down. I can get through this day. I know I can. Just like I got through yesterday, and the day before, and the day before. Like I have been all my life. I can make it. I hope I can make it.

© 2009 ShadowHaze


Author's Note

ShadowHaze
I dunno

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

the formatting needs work. Also the arch of the story is not very defined.
but Let me first say that I love your descriptions. they work perfectly for the scene. It pulled me all the way through. So don't get thinking I am saying it sucks, I am not. This bleeds good author. but I think you need some direction in this piece.
Maybe indexing events, giving some more history on the "fighting" and a conclusion at the end would bring it all to bare. You have a natural flow, a rare gift for an author. I hope you dont stop using that.

Posted 14 Years Ago


OH MY GOSH. That is BRILLIANT. WELL DONE. That is so INCREDIBLY cool.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 11, 2009

Author

ShadowHaze
ShadowHaze

Lexington, NC



About
Don't click here! I'm human. I'm living. I can walk. I eat, and breath and stuff. Lol, sorry but there's not much about me... Hmm... I'm a girl.. 12 years old! .. more..

Writing
Running Running

A Book by ShadowHaze


1 1

A Chapter by ShadowHaze


My Chose My Chose

A Story by ShadowHaze