My friend and the Fairy

My friend and the Fairy

A Story by Kuro Okami
"

So occasionally I do some writing that involves random word prompts. The words here were: School, Warehouse and Fairy, now leave it to your imagination, then read it to find its not what you thought

"

My friend had something he had to tell me after school, it seemed urgent, though I didn't believe it would be of any worth to me. You see, my friend Kay was always telling stories, generally lies. I couldn't help but laugh at the thought he had something of worth to tell me. It didn't matter anyway, he knew that as always I would come meet him in the abandoned warehouse just a couple blocks away from the school. The bell rang, it was time to go home, I grabbed my bag, pushed my chair violently to the side, trying to keep up my appearance as a bad boy. I smiled, winked at one of the girls then strutted pridefully out of the classroom, then checking that no one who really knew me was looking, I broke out into a run, already keen to find out what wild story Kay had to tell me today. I turned left, right then one more left and there it was, the huge abandoned warehouse that Kay and I had made our secret base. It was as tall and looming as ever, though I kind of liked that, I always hoped to see a murder or something going on, but it had never happened, it was always a little dissapointing.


I ran around the back then slid through the large gash in the wall, which was seemingly made by some kind of machinery that had broken at some point. Kay was sitting on the steel stairs that led to the higher level of the gigantic room. His blonde hair seemed longer than it had this morning, usually the tips of his fringe touched his nose, but now it clearly covered to a point just below his chin, his hair itself this morning had just been sitting halfway down his neck, now it draped easily on past his shoulder blades, it was definitely Kay though, I'd recognise that smile anywhere. He leapt from his seat, as always excited to see me, ready to share another preposterous story with me.


“Jack, my friend, you will never believe what I have to tell you today, no, you won't believe what I have to show you!” He shouted, his voice high and his smile higher. Instead of standing on the usual crate he used as a stage for his wild stories he paced over to a square of light shining from the window.
“Stop with the suspense, let it rip!” I yelled, throwing my hands in the air in exasperated distress.
“Jack, I am, what you would call, a Fairy.” As he said it, my brows crinkled, my mouth dropped open. This was not his usual way of bringing a story about.
“It happened yesterday, no lie, when I was coming home, I came across something shining in the night, it was a small being, a fairy. What did I do with the Fairy you say? I picked it up in my hand.” With this he smiled a crazed grin. “I picked it up, placed it in the palm of my hand, and crushed it!” He started laughing, a maniacal, chilling laughter. I shuddered. “Because of this, I became a fairy, there's magic in my veins, and hell, if you dare not believe me, I will show you this time!”
“Bring it on.” I whispered, trying to keep up the mirage of my usual playful personality.
“Here goes nothing.” He closed his eyes, his brow furrowed, he seemed to be concentrating hard on something. A bulge appeared on his back, I could hear the material of his shirt straining, ripping. A brilliant pair of butterfly like wings tore through the fabric, they were almost translucent in the light, highlighted with vein-like accents that seemed to pulsate, the dark colour of the veins could almost be mistaken for blood. “Incredible, right?”


© 2014 Kuro Okami


Author's Note

Kuro Okami
I don't edit my word prompt stories, simply because they are done in a time period of 10-20 mins depending on what me and my friend feel like at that point.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on October 19, 2014
Last Updated on October 19, 2014
Tags: Warehouse, fairy, wings, school, oddity

Author

Kuro Okami
Kuro Okami

Australia



About
I am a 16 Year old Male, Living in Western Australia, I enjoy spending time with animals and sometimes people. I love to write though often I am too lazy to do so. I have joined this website in hope .. more..

Writing