The Templar's last moment

The Templar's last moment

A Story by Shadowlis2390
"

my first bit of writing I've added here, hope you enjoy.

"

The pellets of the rain tinkered against his carbon Grey armor, blood from a recent battle slowly washed away into the ground of black muck and small stones beneath his feet. Her cries of weeping still echoed throughout his mind, watching those blue eyes of the sea slowly fade from his existence. Exedian dropped to his knee’s, all that he loved, everything he cherished and fought for merely a memory lingering in his broken sealed heart. Nothing mattered anymore, dwelling on his current thoughts of sorrow; he couldn’t find the will to fight anymore. The knight’s tight grasp over the hilt of his shining white blade released, he watched his honor and pride drown in a puddle of filth.

 Something crunched before him, strolling his eyes forward, he saw the man who ripped apart his reality, saw the faceless mage eyeing him with arms crossed, his wicked laugh stirring something inside of him. Tesler’s cloak didn’t flap as the wind evaded around it, his boots of darkness didn’t dampen from the overflowing pot holes. The mage slowly approached the abated knight, his smile ever broad underneath that cowl of madness. “and so the hero becomes nothing more than a dwindling soul” the mage said mockingly, the rain barely dampening his words as they shrouded around Exedian. “All that I asked of you was an ignorant gaze, but no…the knight of Trivian had to destroy my plans for a brighter future”

Tesler began conjuring a swirling ball of fire as he spoke. A fury of unleashed measures imploded inside Exedian, all thoughts of his lovely wife being mercilessly murdered by the mage shattered in a moment. Tesler observed the eyes of a man that had nothing left to lose, those red locked whites becoming a bulging rage that even Tesler feared.

            Exedian quickly dug his gauntlet into the puddle, grasping that last accumulation of honor. The ground shook, the water slashed to his metal knees, his hand arched back harshly, his white blade preparing for one last cleave. Tesler’s eyes widened in horror, the foolish mage underestimated the will of a Templar. As his fireball shot out in a hue of desperation, he watched the world swirled around and around. Before the darkness clouded his vision, before the explosion of fiery orange splashing in the air, Tesler heard “Templar!!!” the last roar of the knight, and the final moment of the mage.

© 2010 Shadowlis2390


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TJ
very well worded. I like it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
1 Review
Added on December 12, 2010
Last Updated on December 12, 2010

Author

Shadowlis2390
Shadowlis2390

About
Just some guy trying to find his way down a distant road. more..