A Coward Who Let It Flee

A Coward Who Let It Flee

A Story by Sherwette

It started out with a little smile and ceased a sweet goodbye. It was misguided, misunderstood, it wasn’t even lean. It took him shorter but still longer than he would have seen. He dug in deeper. It was a skull in need. He kept on digging. It was so rigid but beneath was a fragile means. He was surprised to find it so delicate and was so blessed to see.

 

It spoke out louder than he thought it speaks. It scared him a bit. He backed up a bit. Then he let it come in closer and when he looked gently, he saw how young it was. He nurtured it. He supported it. It wasn’t just so bad. It was cultivating and a little rewarding. It was so simple and the truth that he have never seen. It was so beautiful. It was so innocent and real.

 

It looked up to him and when it did, he trembled. He hesitated. He was busy. It wasn’t time to be. It was likely a shuttle for the time to be. He backed up again. There was slightly a little hope to see, that’s what he thought it to be. He thought he couldn’t. He shut it down. He was petrified and so he let his dream flee. He told himself, “It wasn’t meant to be.” 


Image Credits to Photographer Mohannad Rabie

© 2011 Sherwette


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is something intriguing

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

267 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 8, 2011
Last Updated on May 8, 2011

Author

Sherwette
Sherwette

Cairo, Egypt



About
I am a writer writing my own first novel now and always looking for constructive criticism. I will write anything you name it articles, short stories, songs and whatever I feel like expressing to insp.. more..

Writing