PICA Eager to Expedite Travel Documents for Caribbean Nationals Wishing to Visit Hurricane-ravaged H

PICA Eager to Expedite Travel Documents for Caribbean Nationals Wishing to Visit Hurricane-ravaged H

A Story by Sally Shiv
"

Ocho Rios businessman Joe Issa who chairs the board of the Passport, Immigration and Citizenship Agency (PICA) has expressed sadness at the devestation suffered by many Caribbean countries in the wake

"

Ocho Rios businessman Joe Issa who chairs the board of the Passport, Immigration and Citizenship Agency (PICA) has expressed sadness at the devestation suffered by many Caribbean countries in the wake of the recent spate of hurricanes and offered assistance in obtaining travel documents to those wishing to visit the region to help.



Stating that the extent of the devestation suffered by the many islands could disrupt travel plans to and within the region for a while, Issa said never-the-less PICA is eager to expedite its services to those who wish to travel home but don’t have travel-ready documents.


“Most of us in the region are home and dry following the recent hurricanes, but not so for many people in several islands left devestated. We must sympathise with our Caribbean neighbours as they try to cope with the loss of life and property and bear in mind it could also happen to us at any time during the season.


“The tragedies have also sadly taken the sting out of travel to and within the Caribbean. Summer is usually a time for travel and many nationals here and in the Diaspora would normally visit home. But with so many islands already ravaged by hurricanes, traffic is expected to reduce this year and could impact the hotel industry.


“However, we at PICA are ready to expidite our services to Caribbean nationals who wish to visit home to assist friends, family and country recover from the ravages of the recent hurricanes.


“We will fast track passport and citizenship applications and get them sent out immediately, as well as assist with immigration services; it’s the least we can do for our clients in the current circumstances, as we aim to make PICA a world class organization,” said Issa, who is said to have led several changes that have vastly improved the customer experience at the government agency.


Hurricane Irma destroyed Barbuda along its merry way which included Anguilla and the Lesser Antilles, the British Virgin Islands (BVI) especially Tortola, the US Virgin Islands (USVI) and Florida and the Gulf States. Its follower, Maria, has already demolished Dominica, wrecked havoc in North Esatern Cuba and Puerto Rico and is heading for the USVI and BVI.

 

© 2017 Sally Shiv


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on October 2, 2017
Last Updated on October 2, 2017
Tags: joe Issa, Joe Issa Jamaica, Joseph Issa, Joseph Issa Jamaica, Joey Issa, Joey Issa Jamaica, Jamaica