Joe Issa Urges - New Platforms for Greater Monetisation of Brand Jamaica Products

Joe Issa Urges - New Platforms for Greater Monetisation of Brand Jamaica Products

A Story by Sally Shiv
"

Marketing Savvy Businessman Joe Issa, who is said to have had a long history of introducing new ways of doing business – from pioneering 24/7 online booking to romanticising the sale of gas.

"

Marketing Savvy Businessman Joe Issa, who is said to have had a long history of introducing new ways of doing business " from pioneering 24/7 online booking to romanticising the sale of gas " is urging more significant use of multi-platform marketing in accessible formats to increase international sales of Jamaican brands.

 

It is said that with limited platforms available at the time, Issa was among the first to fill hotel rooms even before the guests arrive; and when he opened his first gas station, Cool Oasis, in St. Ann’s Bay, which looked more like a recreation park, people came there to take wedding photos, while motorists take a nap after filling up.

 

Photo Caption: Margaritaville owners Brian Jardim (left) and Ian Dear (2nd right) with Senator Deika Morrison and Cool Oasis owner Joey Issa at the Air Jamaica Jazz and Blues Festival.

 

 “It’s not like before when the internet was in its infancy and Facebook, Tweeter, and Instagram were not yet born. Today, we have multi-marketing platforms and cutting-edge formats in which to present products to the global community, so let’s use them.

 

“Take a Jamaican product like Reggae Sumfest, for example. Look at their website and see the strides the organisers have made since taking it over last year, as well as the preparations they are preparing for this year’s staging.  Also, look how long they’ve been promoting it.  All points to making the July festival a global product.

 

“Unless we think global we are not going to do what it takes to give us visibility in that market which, for many products, is where the money is; and the greater the presence across multi-media platforms and inappropriate and trendy formats, the greater the buzz created, and penetration,” said Issa, who is leveraging his Cool brand internationally, with the objective of making his Group a global corporation.

 

The strides to which Issa pointed include, for example, the use of cutting-edge video live streams in both high definition broadcast format and 360° surround video streamed on multiple media platforms.

 

“Viewership of the Live Streams ran into the hundreds of thousands of views from all over the world. Archival videos from Reggae Sumfest now number around 100,000 videos on Youtube, with views in the hundreds of millions.



“The festival itself was promoted months on end through well managed global digital campaigns that had substantial global penetration in the tens of millions, hitting web traffic, searches, youtube, facebook, Reggae /Dancehall / Music / Lifestyle websites, and other platforms on a massive global scale.

 

“The mission….enhance and establish Reggae Sumfest as a truly global festival and media property presenting a world-class authentic Jamaican musical and cultural experience,” the website said.

 

Issa, who is famous for hosting celebrities and luminaries from around the world, and has influenced the establishment of significant entertainment events in Ocho Rios, St. Ann, such as the Jazz Festival, has also been an active participant.

 

Over the years, Cool Corporation headquartered in Ocho Rios, St. Ann has put up booths at the events to entertain major clients, executives and staff. He is known to have stated that “It is at these booths (and other company booths) that many of the business deals are sealed.”

 

Issa also said in the interview, that the latest ranking of Jamaica Sumfest 9th in the world by Canadian-based online travel agency Flight Network, is worthy of praise. The rating is based on its international following and offerings of “unforgettable music” and “more opportunities to make history”, the Jamaica Observer said.

© 2018 Sally Shiv


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on October 26, 2017
Last Updated on February 1, 2018
Tags: joe Issa, Joe Issa Jamaica, Joseph Issa, Joseph Issa Jamaica, Joey Issa, Joey Issa Jamaica, Jamaica