Suicide

Suicide

A Story by SimplyOlivia

            Everyone says that suicide is a big deal. I suppose they’re right. I think to myself as I sit in the sand. I can see the storm rolling in on the horizon. While clouds are rolling in, tears roll down my cheek. I stare at the note in my hand and cry a little harder. I turn and stare back at our beach house. I know you lay in our bed asleep. I look down to my wedding ring. It’s a gorgeous diamond. More tears slide down my cheeks. I wonder what is possessing me to think this way. Then I think back to the news that my aunt called about today: my family was killed in a major accident. You were already asleep when she called. I had just been dozing off. If only I had fallen asleep sooner I would have had you to fall on.

            I sigh and stand up. I am tired of making excuses. The storm has gotten a lot closer during my thinking. I leave the note with my shoes and clothes. I wade out into the water naked. I begin shivering as I go further into the choppy water.

            I hear thunder roll and lighting crack. Or maybe it’s the screen door slamming against the house. I think I hear you calling my name. My eyes have drifted shut and everything around me is blocked out. I think I’m in heaven now. Everything is so peaceful and calm. The sun is shining, birds are singing, and I’m lying in your arms. Dying was easier than I thought. I think dreamily.

            “Liv! Come on now! This is crazy!” I hear you yell. The perfect image of us in heaven is gone, and all my senses return to me. I’m standing in the cold choppy ocean. The sea spray burns my eyes, but when I see you, I totally forget why I’m out here in the first place. You’re splashing through the water to get to me. I run into your arms before the tide pulls me out. “What’s wrong? Never mind. Let’s get you inside and warmed up.” You pick me up, and I cry into your shoulder. You completely disregard anything as you walk toward the house with me in your arms.

            You lay me on the bed while you put a hot bath running. I stay in a curled up ball until you place me in the tub. I vaguely realize that you’ve put relaxing oils in the water and candles burning. It’s hard for me to stay awake after you life me out of the still warm water and place me in a robe. I’m lucky to have a husband like you. I think idly. You lay me in our bed and hold me in your arms. “We’ll talk when you wake up, baby. Sleep.” You whisper to me. You don’t have to tell me twice. I think. I drift into a deepl sleep while you rub my back and kiss my head, but I think it was you stroking my hair that did it.

© 2010 SimplyOlivia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

it was so sad and cute at the same time. i love this story. good job

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 11, 2010
Last Updated on October 15, 2010

Author

SimplyOlivia
SimplyOlivia

Chattanooga, TN



About
Sometimes, people say to describe yourself in one word. My word is interesting. I am like a diamond, multi-faceted but still see-through but beautiful to look at and desired, not to mention expensive... more..

Writing