Morning prayer

Morning prayer

A Story by SleeplessVolcano
"

This was not really written for anyone to read, but is an actual prayer. I thought it may encourage those who believe in the power of prayer.

"
Morning Father

I see you.  The sun is just peeking over the building, and although I do not worship the sun, it does give me perspective to imagine that it resembles the size of your eyes.  Your heat can give life.....but it can also burn to death.

Forgive me for how I got burned lately, well, how I am still getting burnt.  I want a new start Lord.  I want to turn my back on what is holding me back, but I am just so weak.  I thought this morning of your glory manifesting in my life, maybe three of four times, but was that really your glory, or just your power?  Your glory does not manifest in bits and pieces.  It comes in all its glory.  I do not think it manifested fully yet - ever - in my life.

Reveal your glory in my life Lord.  Reveal Jesus in my soul.  Give me your Spirit, the same way you gave it to your disciples.  I do not want to ask you the normal things I stress about.  Somehow, this morning, the circles of my coffee mug on your boardroom table fades into insignificance compared to where I am - sitting around the boardroom of heaven, and chatting to my heavenly Father.

It has been a while.  You have visited me often, in some shape or form, yet I did not always know it was you, and with the wax build-up (read sin) in my ears, I even doubted lately that some of your attempts to speak to me were really coming from you.

Forgive me for allowing my heart to grow hard.  Make it soft and pliable again - if you cannot save it, take out the stone heart, and give me a flesh one, one that would be sensitive to your Spirit.

I am so excited Lord.  Let my hope be in You alone, and not in my imagination.  Let the doors about to open lead me to your kingdom, not merely a new life for me.

Give me new dreams Lord.  I return all the ones I have had so far.....if any were from you, renew them, but many just came from my sinful heart.  Burn them in the fire of your love.  Let new dreams be fashioned from the ashes.  Resurrect within me, a new spirit.  Give me ears that will listen.  Take away my stubborn nature, and replace it with the meekness of Christ.

Whatever parts within me do not reflect the likeness of Christ, please cut it away.  Yeah, I know it is about 99.9% of who I am, but I have tried now a few decades to make life work on my own, with myself as CEO and you a consultant, and, well, lets just say that the fruits I am eating now from the impact of my own control are not really bitter sweet.  They are just bitter - not because I am depressed, but because I am aware of the incomparable blessings you have planned for me, yet my rebellion prevented me from entering my promised land.

But I do not seek fame and fortune.  I do not seek praise of men.  Just make me a doorman in your house - just let me serve as a nobody in your kingdom, and I know that you will take my loaves and fishes, and feed a multitude, too.

I love you, Lord.  Prepare my heart, to receive your love, again.

In Jesus' Name
Me

© 2015 SleeplessVolcano


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful faith and honesty you share with our heavenly Father. I know from reading this heartfelt prayer that he blesses you abundantly with His love and light within your life. May all who love God have their eyes and ears open to hear Him and see His work in their lives. God bless you my brother.

Posted 8 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
~
Thank you for sharing this prayer. It is a very powerful one, and really encouraging to read. It builds faith and brings back confidence forgotten. It is not easy to open your heart for all to see. Thank you again for sharing!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 3, 2015
Last Updated on March 3, 2015
Tags: prayer, God, father, belief, believe, breakthrough

Author

SleeplessVolcano
SleeplessVolcano

About
"In the end there doesn't have to be anyone who understands you. There just has to be someone who wants to". Robert Brault Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ~ Pablo Pica.. more..

Writing