Use And Throw

Use And Throw

A Story by Sonakshi Arora
"

Let us change the world to make it a better place. Let us stop this idea of the ephemeral consumption of people.

"
I have always believed in the principle of helping without expecting. No matter what happens, one should help others without any repercussions for it. As the saying goes "If you help with a reward in mind, you are merely doing business." However, in today's time, this generousity has been mistaken for taking undue advantage. Once a person understands that you are helping without any award for it, they start taking you for granted and over exploiting you. This is what sets me off. Once they are done with you, they let go of you . And when you scream for help, they pretend as if they are deaf to your noises. I'd rather prefer to say that we life in a "recyclable" society. Use and throw has become the ultimate pleasure. People will only stay by you until you no longer prove to be beneficial for them. Once you realise this- you have to learn that it is time to walk away. The world has changes and so have the people. Chivalry isn't dead but gratitude is. When you fear use and throw; you help people to a certain extent; this results in them framing you as "selfish" or "indignant". But that is when you have to stop the negativity from seeping into your soul. We all are people who are willing to help someone at 4 am even though they rarely talk to us. This is considered as a very good deed. The moment you realise that you ended up putting your everything into them and you are hollow, you'll stop. And that is a stop for good. It is high time we understand that this detriments people and makes them lose their faith in others.
This is my urge for all of us reading this. Let us change our attitudes and let go of our forlorn egos. Let us show gratitude once again. And then, no one shall be afraid to help openly.
Under no circumstances do I convey this message of not helping others. Yes, that should be our goal. But then ask yourself- Where were the same people when you were drowning and you needed a hand? Let us make this world a better place to live in. Let us love a little more and appreciate a little more. It will make all our old school souls very happy.

© 2017 Sonakshi Arora


Author's Note

Sonakshi Arora
Constructive criticism is always appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The issue of "egoism" and "altruism" has always been risen to question. I find it difficult to understand when someone gives something without waiting for something in return, because when you are giving something to someone, you are always receiving in return - your pleasure in others' pleasure - that's a receipt.. However, it's not as being egoistic-- I condemn it. I love your work. Good luck.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sonakshi Arora

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the review. I appreciate it.



Reviews

The issue of "egoism" and "altruism" has always been risen to question. I find it difficult to understand when someone gives something without waiting for something in return, because when you are giving something to someone, you are always receiving in return - your pleasure in others' pleasure - that's a receipt.. However, it's not as being egoistic-- I condemn it. I love your work. Good luck.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sonakshi Arora

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the review. I appreciate it.
A very important conveyed beautifully.

I totally stand with you in this argument.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sonakshi Arora

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reading it :D
Roch Ketchum

7 Years Ago

The topic you picked up is indeed a vital one and which is easily overlooked. Keep up the good work.
Sonakshi Arora

7 Years Ago

Thank you :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 28, 2017
Last Updated on February 28, 2017
Tags: society, use and throw

Author

Sonakshi Arora
Sonakshi Arora

Navi Mumbai, India



About
This is going to be a bit long but I swear it is funny please read it don't go.... Hello fellow writers! I once wrote a poem which somehow got selected for my school magazine. Then I wrote a poem w.. more..

Writing
Love Love

A Poem by Sonakshi Arora


Brave Brave

A Poem by Sonakshi Arora