Feeling Strange

Feeling Strange

A Story by ErithVert


 

 

                Blue dishes, blue shower curtain, blue paint covered walls; all of the memories and all of the pictures. He was thinking about these things. Doyle held the guitar for a moment longer and then placed it on the floor like a sleeping child; delicate and loving-like.


                “There must be changes,” Doyle said, “For this marriage to work.” Everything, from their names to their sexual patterns, to the god damn dishes and walls must change. They used to be like wild rabbits. He scratched his mosquito bite. There must be changes. From the food in the refrigerator to the music he plays on his guitar, the course he drives from work to home and the way she brushes her hair. Doyle went on just thinking of the infinite little movements and details that composed the Simon’s lives and how they could be different and better. If only Winona knew this.


                He hovered over the small pad of paper from the Golden Chip Casino. Doyle grabbed the pen and held it shaking there. Writing was never that great for him. He began by telling Winona that she is the woman of his dreams. And then he stopped because he realized how true it really was.

© 2014 ErithVert


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on May 1, 2014
Last Updated on May 1, 2014

Author

ErithVert
ErithVert

Watauga, TX



About
I am not much for talking about myself in any obvious sort of way. But I have a family, a career, I am extremely busy but despite all of those wonderful things all I ever want to do is write. I write .. more..

Writing
Crumbs Crumbs

A Story by ErithVert