Pet Association

Pet Association

A Poem by Nely Amorim
"

this is for someone who knows who he is..lol

"

Pet Association


The feline flexes, observing her domain
Her babies frolic, chasing butterflies & crickets
The sun bathes her with it's warmth & safety
Her breakfast has not arrived yet!

The canine whines to be let outside the door
Frustrated at his imprisonment, he redecorates the walls
Stripping all the wallpaper, he smirks without regret
He's unafraid of his master, his wagging tail will save him yet!

The fluttering wings of a pair of hummingbirds
Arrive at the window, asking "when will breakfast be served?"
Disappointed to find the empty plate and still
They hover again and again to peer in thru the window sill.

The Master awakens, stretches as he yawns
The caterwhauling , the whining and chirping calls
Fills his mind and ears as he tumbles out and frowns
Another round of biscuits, chews and sugary treats abound

The cautious feline hides, taking with her all her brood
Awaiting the retreat of the human who brings out the food
The canine yaps and wriggles with all innocent ecstasy
Forgets that he is hungry, begs a scratch on his belly

The hummingbirds sigh, forgotten once again
No feeder filled, no sugary treat upon the windowsill
Off they fly, to seek their own reward
Relying on their human, they cannot afford...

© 2008 Nely Amorim


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very well written- Tony

Posted 15 Years Ago


Oh, I feel so bad for the humming birds. My cat was the one who ripped the wall paper off the wall, he thought it was his personal scratching post. LOL. One of my dogs actually tore up the lanolin title on the floor when he was a pup. LOL We couldn't stay mad at them (the cat or the dog) because yes, the dog wagging his tail got him out of trouble...but it was the thought that they didn't know any better that saved them. LOL I now know better.
Great write, I loved this.
~Christine :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


Oh, I feel so bad for the humming birds. My cat was the one who ripped the wall paper off the wall, he thought it was his personal scratching post. LOL. One of my dogs actually tore up the lanolin title on the floor when he was a pup. LOL We couldn't stay mad at them (the cat or the dog) because yes, the dog wagging his tail got him out of trouble...but it was the thought that they didn't know any better that saved them. LOL I now know better.
Great write, I loved this.
~Christine :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


Oh, do I know about this! I have two dogs a cat and yes, we do have a humming bird feeder which is not always filled. Poor little things.

I love this poem. It's fun.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I saw this on the top ten and am glad cause this is entertaining and fun but with a certainly important message, you can't always rely on others cause sometimes they get caught up in their own little world.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I should sue you for slander!

Or is this libel?

All this is taken out of context of course and the dog is possessed. You should see what happens when I throw holy water on him.

Posted 15 Years Ago


It sounds like master has been lying down on the job. At my house the dog yelps to be let in, and I just filled the hummingbird feeder. Uhhh, we have no cat. My sister has fourteen, so that makes up for it---right?

Posted 15 Years Ago


I love this! What a wonderful and playful romp this is through the domestic animal kingdom! haha Truly delightful as you brought them all into play! Great job, Mel, and a fabulously written poem! Wonderful!

Posted 15 Years Ago


The hummingbirds got the worst of the deal. If my dog touches my stuff I'll kill him. lol He is afraid of his master. But I'm the lap that he jumps in and the feet that he sits at. I'm the one that he listens to above all his instinct. He followed two females up the road just yesterday. It took my most vociferous assault to bring him back with a loud NO!!!!! But come back he did and slowly as he was ashamed and feared retribution for not answering. He got petted instead and praised. I love the animal connection here, love all cats and dogs.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

341 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on August 26, 2008

Author

Nely Amorim
Nely Amorim

Fremantle, West Australia, Australia



About
I have enjoyed reading all types of novels since as far as I can remember, a love of reading encouraged by my Mother, even at expense to her own interests. Stormzz I have neglected this site fo.. more..

Writing
Blurred Blurred

A Poem by Nely Amorim



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..