My invisible friend

My invisible friend

A Story by rex
"

He is a kid, he is only ten and as a lot of kids, he has an invisible friend. But no, is not imaginary, is just invisible. His parents are worried and he needsto prove to them that he is not lying abo

"

My invisible friend


I was just a kid, I loved playing, I had friends, I got bullied, I had to study, but who knew I had an invisible friend? No, not an imaginary friend, an invisible one. I was well aware that he existed and no one could change my mind.



Everything started the night I ran out from my house when I got into an argument with my parents.   I got lost and I was cold, but despite that, I didn't turn back, I just kept walking until finding myself in complete darkness. I saw a shadow and I was sure it was a person, I ran towards it, but every time I got closer the shadow got farther.



I soon gave up and sat down leaning against a tree. The problem was...it wasn't a tree. It was a person. I jumped scared and saw it was a kid my age. He was deadly pale and his hair was a dirty black.  He had black eyebags under his eyes and...he had a hole in his chest. I looked at him to see if he was fine if he was feeling pain.



He smiled, it wasn't a cute smile, no it was a creepy one, I knew he didn't mean it, but I freaked out and ran away.



When I got home my parents were really mad. I just ignored them and ran to my room wanting to sleep and conscience myself that it was just a nightmare. Next morning when I woke up my room was dark, the light was coming through the window, but I stood either way. The floor made me shiver and I rushed to get socks. When I entered the bathroom and looked at my reflection. I saw him. He was right behind me, his eyes were reflecting sadness, and I didn't know how to help him. Either way, I didn't run. I wasn't scared I was...curious. Who was he? Why was he following me?



I turned around and he stepped back. "I'm not going to hurt you" I whispered, he got tense and shook his head fast. "That's what he said" and then disappeared. After that day he kept appearing when il¡ looked at my reflection or sometimes randomly when I was with friends. Noone could see him. I tried talking about him with my parents but the said it was just a rough time and that it would pass. My grades got lower and the teacher thought I had problems at home while my parents thought I had problems at school. It was so confusing.



He never talked much, he sometimes would just stare at me or chuckle. And after saying some warnings or just some "funny" dark jokes. It was creepy, but I was creepier since I started feeling close to him. Soon I stopped going out with my friends. Each day I grew more impatient to hear his jokes, his stories. I couldn't sleep at night only waiting for the hour for him to appear.



Myu parents tried talking to me on multiple occasions but I would just leave towards my room, locks the door and try to fall asleep to make the hours past faster to see my friend again. Once he told me about a girl that had a friend, but it was only he and her. they were inseparable, he was dead but she didn't care and kept seeing him and getting closer to the moment he told her he wanted to have her forever. She killed herself leaving a note that said "I'm with my friend, I will come at dinner time" and after that day her parents would find notes saying what she did that day or what she learned.



I soon started thinking why didn't he told me to stay with him. He probably didn't want me to die, or maybe he just didn't care for me at all. In any way, I wanted to be with him. It was an obsession, I neede him. I needed his storied, his voice, his eyes. Soon I started developing the habit to ask him to touch me, I didn't care where I didn't care how i just needed to feel him close.



He was unsure about it at first, but soon just did what I asked him. And one day he did it, he was rubbing my thighs and suddenly stopped making me whine. He looked at me staying quiet until whispering those words: "I want you to be with me forever". I knew what that meant, and I didn't care at all, I had to, I wanted to be with him forever. He got off the bed and stared at me as I nodded and grabbed a pair of scissors from my bathroom. I quickly wrote a note to my parents and after a smile I cut deep, feeling the blood and consuming into darkness.



But it was nothing like what I expected. I imagined being with him, he touching me and only me. Making me his. But no, he wasn't anywhere to be seen. There were millions of other kids dead, in a queue waiting for something or someone. I looked around desperately trying to find him. I saw a  little girl, she was pale and badly hurt, she had a chain around her neck, I rushed over to her.



" where is he?" her eyes widened in fear. I was so confused. She mouthed "sorry" and then I fall into it. He was only playing. That was his job, he was the person that had to make kids commit suicide. That was the little girl that she talked about in the story., I was so stupid. And thinking I killed myself for him.



I appeared in my living room, my parents were crying, my mom was holding the note in her hand Why was she crying? I wrote something nice... I approached and read my note. "I went to hell with my friend, I will come at dinner time".

© 2017 rex


Author's Note

rex
I hope you enjoy this first "short" story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is quite a dark write. Creatively dark. Over all enjoyed your story. There are quite a few misspellings and grammatical errors. Most of them are simple and can be found if you copy and paste it into Microsoft Word and run a grammar check.

I really like the way you ended the story. Adds to the dark atmosphere. Enjoyed your story. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I love the dark twisted turn of events in this story the innocence and playfulness turning in to a hellish ordeal a really great story you have a lot of talent just be more cautious before publishing that all grammatical mistakes are taken out as this deprives your work of the greatness it can achieve I will be following your work and feel free to message me some stories to proof read and edit before publishing otherwise great imagery and a good start hopefully more of this shadowy character can be explored

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

rex

6 Years Ago

Thank you very much.
{A}shley {B}lack @-;-

6 Years Ago

no problem your welcome
This is quite a dark write. Creatively dark. Over all enjoyed your story. There are quite a few misspellings and grammatical errors. Most of them are simple and can be found if you copy and paste it into Microsoft Word and run a grammar check.

I really like the way you ended the story. Adds to the dark atmosphere. Enjoyed your story. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

326 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 4, 2017
Last Updated on November 5, 2017
Tags: Scary, teens, imaginaryfriends

Author

rex
rex

Sant Cugat, Barcelona, Spain



About
I'm a fifteen y/o girl, i love writting and have multiple pages in wattpad (a page to write). I like music, animals, photography and sports. more..