Before ~One~

Before ~One~

A Chapter by Amanda
"

Just something I hope will tempt you into reading more.

"

“Why can’t you be more like Eli?”

“If I was like Eli, then I wouldn’t be me.”

“God D****t, Madisyn, can’t you just listen and not make those smart a*s remarks? You need to stop getting into trouble. Almost every day I hear about something you’ve done-”

“Maybe you’d actually see it if you were around more,” I blurt. The words are what I would have said had I not been talking with my father. They’re too close to below the belt.

His knuckles are white on the steering wheel. “I do everything for you and Eli. I’m only away so much because I love you.”

“I know, Dad,” I say softly. “But treat me like I’m a…like I want to be the bad child.”

“You’re not a bad child,” he says softly, but sternly. The way he says it like he’s trying to convince himself more than me confirms what I already knew.

“Dad, I wish you wouldn’t lie to me,” I say, as I look up at the sky, wondering what it’s like when people aren’t trying to change who you are.

~~~~

My name’s Madisyn Angel, daughter of Nicholas and Monica Angel. My mum died when I was thirteen and my brother Eli had just turned fourteen. Eli and I are eleven months apart, not quite a year. We still weren’t in the same grade though, because we both missed the cutoffs. His birthday is October 11th, and mine is September 9th.

My dad, Nicholas, is a professional group travel organizer. It means he gets paid to travel places with people. You have to have a love of traveling and good people skills to be good at it, and I guess my dad has good people skills with everybody but me.

He only took the job after my mum died, and I guess the farther he got away, the more he felt better. When he leaves, we stay home alone.

 

Everyone loves Eli; he has a charismatic quality that attracts people to him. I guess I have the opposite.

 

My friend Meg says that I’m ‘intimidating’ because of my tongue piercing and my ear piercings. My callous attitude might play a part as well. Meg's pretty much one of my only friends.

 

She’s athletic and confident, and is always there when I need someone to talk to. Her other friends don’t understand why she talks to me at all, and I don’t know what she tells them. Her boyfriend, Russell, sometimes hangs out with us, but for the most part he avoids me.

 

That’s fine with me; I don’t need to prove myself to anybody there. They're all perfect in the teacher's eyes. Eli fits in with them just fine, and really, one Angel is enough.

 

I find it ironic sometimes that my last name is Angel when I’m constantly told that I’m the complete opposite. I reak havoc wherever I go, and can't seem to do a single good thing. Least that's what most people say. I learned a long time ago not to care even if I never understood why it was okay for them to be rude to me. Like I'm different.


Which is true. But they don't know that. No one does...except for me, and now you.

 

I won’t tell you, not yet. See, the fun's only just begun.



© 2012 Amanda


Author's Note

Amanda
"I've met the ghosts of his past. They ain't gonna rest forever. Run. You hear me? Run!"
-Rene's warning to Arlene about Terry, Season 4 Episode 12- And When I Die (Season 4 Finale)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice opener. I really enjoyed it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow! Great chapter. I like the development and how the main character tells us her feelings, i like it and can't wait to read more. But i guess i'm in luck because the second chapter has already been written so i don't have to wait so for those who had to HA! Lolz. Good job! Thank you for the excellent chapter, you have skills.
-SkyeBlanco

Posted 11 Years Ago


Sunny Skye

11 Years Ago

It was my pleasure, and that's great i am looking forward to reading it. You've done a great job so .. read more
Amanda

11 Years Ago

Thanks :)
Sunny Skye

11 Years Ago

No problem
WOW!!!! I am holding my tongue until i can read more.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oh my God!!!!!!! I've only read one chapter and I'm already hooked! MORE!

Posted 11 Years Ago


i really enjoyed this chapter. the ending made me only want to read more. Keep it up!!! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

252 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 25, 2012
Last Updated on August 20, 2012
Tags: preface, misunderstood, hated, outcast, angel


Author

Amanda
Amanda

MA



About
i haven't been on this website in like three years??? oh my god everything is so s****y??? body, a:hover {cursor: url(http://cur.cursors-4u.net/others/oth-8/oth704.cur), progress !important;} more..

Writing
Love Stories Love Stories

A Poem by Amanda


War War

A Poem by Amanda


Heartbreaker Heartbreaker

A Poem by Amanda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Annual ~Four~ Annual ~Four~

A Chapter by Amanda


Real Eyes Real Eyes

A Poem by Amanda


Nighttime  ~Two~ Nighttime ~Two~

A Chapter by Amanda