The First Day of a New Beginning

The First Day of a New Beginning

A Story by Sumakid
"

A 10 year old boy named Mike begins a new school year.

"
I woke up in my bed, yet not sure of where I was. The ceiling fan held on by a strong wire spun slowly, most likely from the wind of my open window. A single bulb hung in the middle of it was light dimly. I pushed the soft, thick covers off and checked my legs to see if someone had come in and cut them off. Nope, of course. That was just a nightmare I had when I was 6, and it still scared me. Sort of. A wind thumped on my thin walls. I stepped slowly out of bed, wondering why I was still scared by the nightmare. I glanced over at the digital clock that sat on my tipsy table. The clock said 6:46, and it was 4 minutes fast. 6:42. I had enough time to get ready and still have time to dabble on the tennis court. A small scratching sound at my door frightened me, but when I opened it, it was just my cat, Ribto. Ribto meowed and  crawled in, but annoyingly, I pushed him out and shut the door. My closet was full, and I needed clothes, so I went and checked it out. A DC t-shirt, a plain white shirt, an orange and black polo. I grabbed the polo, a pair of jeans, and some underwear, then went to take a shower. Somebody must've been in sooner than me, because it was freezing cold. I hurried myself out as soon as possible, and shoved my clothes on quickly. My brown hair stuck up in many ways. I patted it down in the mirror and ran downstairs to prepare myself a quick breakfast to build energy. The first thing I saw was a toaster pastry, so I cooked it and ate it. It was chocolate filled, and it was fairly good. My green and black tennis racket and pack of tennis balls were placed on the wall nicely. I reached up and grabbed them. "Hey!" a voice called. I turned around and saw a woman, roughly 5' 5". "Yes, Mom?" I said innocently. "Check the time, Michael! It's 8:26! You need to get out now and wait for your bus!" Mother yelled and gave me a backpack. I shrugged and kissed her goodbye. She pushed me out and closed the door. It was fairly chilly for August, and I shivered for a second. A honk snapped me out of it, and I sprinted to Bus #7. When I boarded, I stared out for a second and walked to the back, starting a new beginning.

© 2013 Sumakid


Author's Note

Sumakid
What do you think about it? It's my first story and I tried hard!

Please leave honest reviews!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on December 14, 2013
Last Updated on December 14, 2013
Tags: Adventure, strong, government, boy

Author

Sumakid
Sumakid

Albion, IN



About
I am a young writer. Writing is the way I get my emotion out, and not do anything physical. Writing is key to happiness, in my book. more..

Writing