Marriage

Marriage

A Poem by Margene Wiese-Baier
"

This is a poem that I wrote in for a Creative Writing Class at Manatee Community College, in Venice, Florida.. It was published in an International Poetry Book.. Originally a contest on Poetry.com

"

Written by Margene Wiese-Baier @ 2006

I look in a floor length mirror that holds tomorrow.

I’m about to get married �" not a young giddy bride, but years older and wiser.

Putting my past behind to start a new adventure.

My white lace veil covers my eyes, but I can see.

My shoulders are caressed with fine silk and my skin enjoys the touch of its gentleness.

I see the strength and wisdom that brought me to this place in my life.

I coo to myself as if in a trance ready for flight in readiness to soar to new heights like an eagle.

I am that eagle ready to meet my mate.

Ready to start our life together.

Ready to build a nest softened with the down of our feathers.

Branch by branch we will intertwine our foundation together.

We will talk of love to each other through our beaks.

A love song will engage our every movement.

We will enjoy our oneness and want to be together for all eternity.

We will soar together in perfect harmony.

We will see nothing but beauty surrounding us.

The mountains capped with the purity of snow.

The frosted trees after a refreshing rain holding tightly to their leaves to protect all that they hold beneath them.

The earth covered with pine needles and soft sod that with hold the footprints of all who walk there.

The lakes below of crystal blue ecstasy with tongues of water lapping at their beaches.

The buffalo that thunders across the plains thankful to be forgotten by the hunters of yesteryear.

© 2012 Margene Wiese-Baier


Author's Note

Margene Wiese-Baier
What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

hey great job. i though the poem portrade the way i feel getting married would be like. nice write! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

263 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 23, 2012
Last Updated on March 23, 2012
Tags: Creative Writing, Religious, Jesus, Eagles, Margene Wiese-Baier, Sunwhisp, Writing

Author

Margene Wiese-Baier
Margene Wiese-Baier

OR



About
I am a Pastor that loves to Write, and do Art and Sing.. I also write about my cat Kobie, and other subjects I find interesting.. but mainly write Holy Spirit inspired stories.. more..

Writing