The Navigator| Aokigahara (Suicide Forest) Part 1.

The Navigator| Aokigahara (Suicide Forest) Part 1.

A Story by Talfox
"

This is the first part of the myth that I created as the foundation of this forest a while ago.

"

 

Aokigahara - Suicide Forest

 

 

 

What and where is Aokigahara, Suicide Forest? Aokigahara(suicide forest, or sea of trees) can be found at the base of Mount Fuji, the highest mountain in Japan. There are many myths surrounding this forest, considering paranormal activity. It is known for being especially quiet, with many tall trees, making it the world’s second most popular location to die in and, “the perfect place to die.” There is a saying that long ago, near the 19th century, this area was used for a practice called ubasute. The practice consists of a member of Japanese family carrying their elder to the forest.

They would be sacrificing them for the well-being of the family by abandoning them, and leaving them to die. When people enter the forest, they usually carry ribbon with them. As they travel through Aokigahara, they leave a trail of the ribbon. The purpose of the ribbon is to indicate the person’s way out if they change their mind about ending their life, or can also be meant to lead someone else to the spot of their suicide.

 

The Navigator

 

The first person to ever enter the forest saw the lustful beauty of the forest and sought after the quietness of it. With sorrow, they wandered through Aokigahara with thoughts of loneliness and harm. Not considering the people that would miss them, and being unable to see that they had true purpose in the world, he planned to commit suicide. The person truly felt that they were a worthless not yet corpse, and so the person traveled deep through the forest. When they were content with their thought to be final location, they determined that hanging their self was what they wanted to do.

Almost meeting with death, the traveler heard rustling near by. To their surprise, the trees around the person began to glow. What surprised him even more, was that one started talking, “ああ、�"のように去っていくのは�™�-い�"とです!(Translation into English: Oh, how sad is it that you’ll leave like this!)” The tree continued, “あなただ�'が入力�-た�"とがありますか?( Translation into English: You’ve only just entered haven’t you?” They all sigh, “�"の驚異的な世界では、�"の贅�™�な森の中で、あなたのような誰かと、あなたが私たち�'去っていく�"とは残念です。(Translation into English: In a forest this extravagant, in a world this amazing, and with someone like you, it’s a pity that you’re leaving us.)”

© 2017 Talfox


Author's Note

Talfox
ignore grammar problems or tell me them sorry, I hope you liked it

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on May 27, 2017
Last Updated on May 27, 2017
Tags: japan, Mount. Fuji, forest

Author

Talfox
Talfox

About
Hello, I would think that everyone's interesting. Most of my writing is taken from given assignments. If not, it's a recent or reoccurring thought. Please feel free to leave suggestions and or comment.. more..

Writing
What is Love? What is Love?

A Poem by Talfox