When My Father Comes Home

When My Father Comes Home

A Story by Serenity

Darkness, the sky was filled with darkness. A deep black abyss of nothingness. Dark, gray, rainfilled clouds loomed up above as the water from them came down in a drizzle, and there she sat in the soaking grass. Her dress stained with tears and rain. The ruffles and lace brushing up against the wet grass in the wind. Her sun bleached hair up in curly pigtails, and in her hand sat a simple daisy. The petals dripping with rain or tears, she couldnt tell. Time seemed to slow down and almost pause as she sat there transfixed.  Dying cherryblossoms fell from the tree above her, covering her in faded pink petals to match the white ones in her hand. Off in the distance she heard the faint meloncholy sound of a lark somewhere. The tune brought her back to happier times when she was younger, and her life seemed so much more simplier than it did now. Her father was never really around all that much but when he was he was the best father he could be. She could count on one hand how many of her birthdays he'd been to, but when he did go, those where the best birthdays of her life. He was always gone, off to some distant land so far away. He would write to her all the time but it was never really the same as having him right there beside her. When he was home he would read her stories from india, or austrailia, about elephants or kanagroos. He always knew how to make her laugh. Then last week, she got a letter in the mail. It looked just like any other letter they got from her dad, but this time it wasnt from him. As her mother read it she slowly began to cry, sobbing to herself, as tears rolled from her eyes. She held her long and good before she looked at her and told her. "Your father's coming home." No smile upon her face as she sat there all alone. Tears filled her eyes as she realized what she meant. Her father gave his life for his country, to protect all those that he loved. Now after fighting so much, hes finally coming home. The memory  hurts to remember, but sometimes she know that she must. Shadows cover the sky as she stand up to leave and whisper her goodbye. The daisy falling from her hand and landing delicatly on the drenched grass below. She left without saying another word. left the stone where it stood as she slowly walked away. Silently she thought to herself, while others fathers came home by plane, and basket, mine, mine came home in a casket.

© 2011 Serenity


Author's Note

Serenity
NOT!!! Based on Personal Experience

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
_
noooooooooo! omg im gonna cry. sorry if i get emotional. what a sad story omg that really suks and its so sad! *sighs* :'(

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really like this piece; it's different.
The background into the relationship is lovely.
However, if I may throw some construction your way. To add to what is a quality piece of writing I feel that you may be able to do more to your structure here.
Maybe you could split the section on setting and the section on the father???
Mix it up a bit thats all.
None the less, well done!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

316 Views
2 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 6, 2011
Last Updated on September 11, 2011

Author

Serenity
Serenity

MT



About
Hey im lively yet dark, i can write happy but i usually write sad and morbidly depressing. I Love to read and write, especially poetry. I Love Dark And Tragic Stories. I Am A Hopless Romanic. and Musi.. more..

Writing