Dear Matthew

Dear Matthew

A Story by Molly
"

For 'The Letter I Never Wrote' contest

"

Dear Matthew,

       I can still remember the day I met you. We were eight. Your hair was mostly blonde back then. The last time I saw you it was dirty brown. You were sitting in the car next to me. I was sitting on the passenger’s side. We were in my car, and you convinced me to let you drive. The radio was turned up as loud as it could go, and the windows were rolled down. Neither of us saw the truck coming. He was drunk. He cost you your life. Today would have been your nineteenth birthday. Next month we would be going to the University of Nebraska together. I never got a chance to tell you I loved you. Of course I would say it every once in awhile, but I mean I loved you. I still would today, if you were here, but you’re not. So, instead I write these letters instead- these love letters. After I’m done writing, I stick them inside that hat box you got me as a gag gift when I turned thirteen.


    I Love You,

    Amy
~

Dear Matthew,

    It’s me again. I’m sitting in my dorm room now writing this. The drive here felt so wrong. You were supposed to be in the car beside me while our moms sat in the front. Your mom didn’t come with us. There was no need for her to. My mom keeps telling me to stop writing to you, but I’ll never stop. I promise.


    Love You Forever,

    Amy
~                                 

Dear Matthew,

    I graduated last week. Your mom wasn’t able to make it, but she came to my graduation party. She gave me a photo album filled with pictures of you and me through the years. It was by far my favorite gift. I’ve written to you everyday for four years, and my hat box is full. As much as I hate to do so, I might stop writing to you. The idea of it makes me want to cry, but I think I need to move on. I love you so much Matthew, but maybe my mom was right.

    I’ll Never Forget You,

    Amy  

© 2015 Molly


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on July 7, 2015
Last Updated on July 7, 2015

Author

Molly
Molly

Writing
Spot-Out Spot-Out

A Story by Molly


Fantasy Fantasy

A Book by Molly