Series of Insanity Episode: 4 Hidden in Shadows

Series of Insanity Episode: 4 Hidden in Shadows

A Story by Jay
"

thank you Poppletron for the inspiration of this new character. I haven't posted many story's recently because I have been busy. So I decided I should finish my series soon.

"
And I'm back to work, finding new crazy's.  Okay so I look normal, and dang does this place seem depressing.  There's nothing but carnage as far as the eye can see.  And an overwhelming sense of... nothing.  Not like everything is normal but like there's just nothing.  No life, No light, No anything.  Except there has to be something because other wise why would I be here.  Right?  Yeah there's gonna be something.  Right?  Oh, there is something unlike everything else this body isn't brutally murdered.  In fact they seem to be alive.  But I can tell that there is only one living this in this place and that would be me.  And yet...  There's one way to find out for sure, to see for myself.  I walked over and poked the corpse, it didn't move.  I checked the pulse, nothing.  And then he opened his eyes.  " Holy S**t!" I screamed.  I couldn't help myself he scared the crap out of me.  "Who are you?" i said like an idiot but I was still getting over the initial shock of seeing a corpse look at me.  He didn't respond.  " Look I don't know why I'm here but aside from me your the only thing alive for..."  I stopped after he gave me a look that was... kind of scary. Like he didn't know what that word meant anymore.  " Alive?"  he said, it sounded he hadn't spoken in years.  He looked... sad.  I saw something in his eyes at that moment.  He wasn't alive, at least not on the inside.  His soul was empty, there was nothing but shadows skittering from one corner to the next.  This isn't a very good description but what I saw was him sitting there alone being chased by those shadows.  For a second I felt his pain, his loss, his death.  But his soul kept going so he did to.  And every single person he killed.  It hit me hard and then we were back.  I hadn't said anything but had willed it to happen so it did.  Then he looked suddenly less empty.  He told me he didn't have a name no I call him Vivus, he doesn't get it and that's what makes it funny.  Oh and by the way if you must know Vivus is Latin for something, if you look it up you'll see why its funny.

© 2017 Jay


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it, and I love the wording on the description you gave to him.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
1 Review
Added on November 22, 2017
Last Updated on November 22, 2017

Author

Jay
Jay

Houston, TX



About
I'm one off the biggest disney nerds out there but im a little mad but hey were all mad here more..

Writing