Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by TheOwnedBagel

I woke up in a bed. Where am I? I thought. There was nothing else in the room except a desk. I didn't see a door, or a ceiling. I approached the desk and found a note.
Dear You,
So you're not dead, which is good. You were poisoned by me in hopes of memory loss. I hope it worked. If not, there is a knife if you wish to forget forever. If your memory is gone, take the knife, and get out of here using the ladder under the bed.
I was horribly confused. I had no idea why I was here, or even my name. What was my name? It's not important. 
I grabbed the ladder out from under the bed. The metal was really cold, which was strange. Now that I think about it, It's freezing! I look around the room for something to warm me. Nothing. I happened to look up and noticed the ceiling. Well, by ceiling I mean there wasn't anything there. I have to get out of here...
I placed the ladder and climbed out. I was atop a brick platform, and I looked around. I could see a silhouette of a man approaching. 
"Hello?" He called out. "Are you up there?" I answered back "Yes! Can you help me?"
He did the exact opposite. He cried out "He's escaping! Everyone, grab a weapon, and kill him!"
I looked for a way out. There were trees with branches that seemed thick enough. I hopped onto one, and I made my escape. I eventually got down, and I ran. I never stopped running. I had so many questions on my mind. I had no answers.
I soon came upon a fishery. I went inside and saw an old man. The old man said to me "Hey Eric, how's it been? Remember me? Bert, your father's best friend?"
"Uh yeah." I muttered.
"Hey, you look tired. Why don't you lay down, and I'll get you something to eat. Then we can chat, like the good ol' days!"


© 2012 TheOwnedBagel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on July 23, 2012
Last Updated on July 28, 2012
Tags: Dementia, TheOwnedBagel, Psychological, Horror, Chapter, One, 1, book, Story