Love

Love

A Story by TheScarecrow

Love is a complicated thing.

It comes in so many forms, each different from the last. There are so many types of love that it would be impossible to feel them all in a single lifetime. Every person feels love differently and many, like myself, lack the words to describe it. It drives us to do things we would never imagine doing for anything else. The lengths we go for love are immeasurable and crazy.  

Logic doesn’t have much of a connection with love. People have lived and died for love, fought over love and spent their entire lives searching for a taste of it. All for this simple emotion that we can feel for the smallest of things.

Love itself can be a cruel emotion. It can bring you the happiest times of your life and worst experiences you can possible imagine. A broken heart is a pain that cannot be compared to anything else. It is all consuming, like a wave of utter darkness that envelopes you. All color and joy is removed from the world when we have tasted and lost love. Our view of the world is altered and the thought of it ever being repaired seems impossible…until we find it again.

Love is such a strong emotion that we open ourselves up to it every times it re-enters our life. It may take longer for some but like water, it wears down the strongest walls.

We will always open up to love in some way because our sense of being responds to it. Our souls long for it and that yearning is everlasting. There is not a person alive that doesn’t react to love. The toughest of barriers can be broken with the smallest of cracks and when love breaks through, it cannot be stopped.

We can train our hearts to repress love and shy away from it but at its core, the heart will always respond to it. Whether it be a missed beat, the catch of a breath or a warm glow, love cannot be hidden.

No matter how many times love breaks us, tears us down and makes us cry, it always picks us up, apologizes and gives us a hug.

It never dies and it never leaves us. It might hide behind the guise of hate but it will never truly leave. Love and hate are the strongest emotions we can possess and we can’t feel one without the other.

We cannot hate without first feeling love and vice versa. When people project hate, they do it because they are afraid of losing love or have already lost it.

We become petty people for love. We fight, argue and injure for love. All because we cannot bare the thought of living without it. A life without love is the scariest thing we can imagine…and it is impossible.

It is not possible to experience life without love. If you somehow have lived up to this point without love of any kind, then know that out there right now, is a person that is capable of loving you. No matter how you look, how you sound or how you feel, there is someone out there that would love you completely, given the chance.

Love is never insignificant and it never backs down from a challenge. It will always surprise you and always remind you why you need it.

It will always redeem you.

It will always heal you.

It is you.

© 2017 TheScarecrow


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on September 16, 2017
Last Updated on September 16, 2017
Tags: love, romance, emotion, heart

Author

TheScarecrow
TheScarecrow

About
A Scarecrow that loves words more..