The Blind Girl

The Blind Girl

A Story by MacKenzie

She comes out of the building and blinks, throws her blond wavy hair over her shoulder and stares at the city in front of her. The man in the black suit next to her looks around as if expecting danger.

She turns to him and says softly, "I didn't know it would be this beautiful."

"This is just the city," he answers.

"When will she be here?" The girl asks as she looks back at the pink sky and the skyscrapers around her.

"Soon," he answers.

At that moment a girl comes around the corner, she had long, blond, wavy hair, dark blue eyes, and the same high cheekbones as the girl on the steps. She walks past them and as soon as she enters the building, two men grab her and she disappears.

The girl smiles and says, "now she will know what it is like to live in darkness. The darkness that I spent my whole life in will now swallow her."

© 2014 MacKenzie


Author's Note

MacKenzie
I know there are a few grammar problems, but what do you think of this in general?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Curious to know where this goes. It is an intriguing start. But so far I don't know what is going on. Is the second girl identical to the first or just similar looking? Is this the main character's first time seeing?

Posted 9 Years Ago


it is the beginning of a great story write on

Posted 10 Years Ago


I like your story because it leaves much to the imagination, it could be interpreted in different ways. I suppose it could be expanded into a sort of a film noir type of story, but it's interesting just as it is.

I think it's written well, it just says what it needs to say without adding what isn't necessary to convey the idea. Hope you add more stories here.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is short, too short to form a concrete opinion about. However I find I am curious to learn more, what is going on here.
Why are these women being held in the darkness.
Do you plan to expand upon this?
I look forward to that.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 21, 2014
Last Updated on April 26, 2014

Author

MacKenzie
MacKenzie

ME



About
I like writing it calms me down and helps me think. I love reviews, you can be as mean as you want, I just want my writing to be better and reviews help that a lot. PM me if you want to talk about a.. more..

Writing
Why? Why?

A Story by MacKenzie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..