Slit

Slit

A Poem by Molly

 

Cut to the quick,

swift flick of the wrist

then, off it goes,

bringing woe, wet sorrows.

 

So small, the beating,

so fragile, yet fleeting.

Thumping heart broken

from lack of loving token.

 

Touches unwanted

but suitor undaunted

brings pain unbelievable,

leaving joy irretrievable.

 

Running girl crying

saw her soul fleeing, dying,

pursued, just to save it

from dark power that craves it.

 

Nothing remaining to bury the ocean

of stark, raving madness, and cursed, cold emotion

that seeps closer daily, quietly flowing

bringing the curses of fear and unknowing.

© 2008 Molly


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was a great write, it was very deep, but simple

,BrittneyMarie

Posted 15 Years Ago


This sounds like the topic is suicide after a sexual assault, not suicide because of being spurned by love. Either way, it is dark and the rhyme scheme is great. This is some of the best work I've seen on WC so far. I will be reading more of you.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I read and write so much free verse stuff that sometimes I forget how the simplicity of form can really be a wonderful thing. this is very very nicely done!

Posted 15 Years Ago


the thing i love about it is the articulacy you use to express the emotions...as if something like this has once happened to you...
you managed to express the emotions and verse them in a clear and simple order while still keeping a rhythm and lose rhyme to your work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


So raw and real. Simple and true. I enjoyed the rhyme as well. Speaking for thousands of people who thought of or actually committed this act....very well said. If only suicide notes could be so explanative "why" wouldnt be so mysterious.

Posted 16 Years Ago


this was very very well written.
no joke.

I really don't even know what to say about it.
you better be satisfied at being a writer
to accomplish such beauty out of a...well...
questionable topic.

yet i still love it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I love the sentiment behind this poem. The structure of your words and your rhyming flow effortlessly, almost musically. I found myself reading it aloud to a beat in my head. This is a perfect example of the type of poetry I love to read. It feels like music, and that's not easy to accomplish. Great job!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very cool, a nicely written path of sorrow and anger. When i read this poem wow, how can something so good be about something so bad. i really like it, you did a very good job. thats all i can say i really enjoyed reading your poem, sad but real.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow. I normally hate poetry about slitting wrists over love. I don't know why. But this, this is absolutely amazing. I love it. So much emotion. It goes so much deeper than just wanting to hurt oneself. The emotions are described amazing. Wowwowow. Love it!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2488 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on February 7, 2008

Author

Molly
Molly

About
I write to write. Not for you. Not even for me sometimes. Inspiration just hits me, and I'll write it down. Sometimes what I write concerns the present, people I know or things I've seen. And other t.. more..

Writing
Speeches Speeches

A Poem by Molly


Length & Force Length & Force

A Poem by Molly


Sleep Sleep

A Poem by Molly