Gift Wrapped thoughts

Gift Wrapped thoughts

A Poem by Alexa Aiden

How does a world beat like a drum as the flowers petals wilt to build new ones? The same way the stars can paint ripples upon the waters of the salty ocean as the moon directs his dance. Like a breath lost or a love gained. Like a bird chained by his wings, like broken legs.


How do eyes close when there’s still more breath? To dream away a world so simplistic.

How do soldiers fight in war like drunken birds that crave some more? The same way a Lions roar can be hushed to a meow.

How do hearts love so weak as tears stain the skin of innocent minds? The same way the wind trys to push you away in attempt to stop you from burning Mother Earth.

© 2010 Alexa Aiden


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

These are deep thoughts. I love the final answer, with the wind trying to stop us from burning the Earth.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow, strong outpouring here.
I feel the passion in your words.
Oh yes, I like the spoken word quality of this as well.

Makosica

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

435 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 5, 2010
Last Updated on November 14, 2010

Author

Alexa Aiden
Alexa Aiden

Hollywood, CA



About
Hello world, my name is Alexa and I want to discover you. I'm a tea drinking, music obsessed, book gazer. And i'm a little freak. I walk the world with an open mind and a costume on. Art has taken ove.. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Poem by Alexa Aiden


Filth Filth

A Poem by Alexa Aiden


Music Music

A Poem by Alexa Aiden