WHITE WOLVES: Brief Encounter

WHITE WOLVES: Brief Encounter

A Story by Tina Kline
"

Another White Wolves short tale.

"

      The Aurora borealis danced and sizzled over the dark forest of Douglas Fir trees. Reds, blues and purples shifted like curtains buffeted by the solar winds. The two white wolves stood in a vast open snow draped field and sang their songs to the vast wild heavens above. The aurora painted them and the snowy landscape below with ever shifting shades of its colors. Their songs to the solar system unfurled endlessly above them like ribbons of gold and silver caught in nature's icy breezes.

     When their song finished they lowered their heads and touched noses, their bushy plume like white tails swishing back and forth. As one they struck out, trotting side by side along the snow bordering the shadowy somber Douglas fir forest. Deciding not to enter the forest they kept to its edge as they trotted along. They playfully nipped each other, making happy little wolfish sounds.

     Up ahead a shadow moved, emerging from the edge of the dark Douglas Fir forest. Both white wolves froze, becoming instantly alert. From overhead the aurora borealis continued shifting and hissing, casting it's colors down on the world below as if painting the landscape with it's ever changing shades and patterns. The shadow shifted again and made itself visible as it stood there, tense and alert, watching the two white wolves. A lone Timber Wolf.

     The two white wolves whined, their tails rising, their ears flattening against their heads, alert and tense themselves as they stared at the new wolf who was staring at them. The Timber Wolf was a grizzly shade, as big as the two white wolves, it's green eyes narrowed as it sized the pair up.

     The Timber Wolf took two cautious steps backwards, tucking it's bushy tail between it's legs. It whined once. The two white wolves plume like tails rose even higher and they took two steps forward. They growled low in their throats.

     The Timber Wolf turned and dashed into the shadowy Douglas Fir forest. The two white wolves snarled loudly and gave chase, leaping through the snow, kicking it up as they rushed forward.

     Once they reached the forest edge the pair came to a halt. They stood still a moment, listening to the fleeing Timber Wolf. After a moment or two they licked each other's mouths and nipped each other's shoulders. They continued listening to the fleeing Timber Wolf as it crashed through the underbrush of the dark forest. After a few minutes and several miles deep into the shadowy forest the Timber Wolf howled a thin piercing howl that rose heavenward.

     The two white wolves listened as the Timber Wolf's song rose and fell in the freezing dark. They growled softly deep in their throats. After a few moments they trotted off side by side into the snowy night keeping to the forest's edge, the strange Timber Wolf no longer a concern for them. Overhead the aurora borealis continued shifting and hissing in the icy cold heavens.



© 2013 Tina Kline


Author's Note

Tina Kline
The 4th White Wolves tale.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoyed this tale with such beautiful imagery. Cool creating here. Great tale, I loved the creatively penned imagery you crafted.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

10 Years Ago

Thanks very much....!
Eric Cox

10 Years Ago

You're welcome :)
I enjoyed reading about this brief encounter between the white wolves and the timber wolf. The surroundings of nature inn this a stunning in their beauty. A very creative and well written piece.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading and commenting on this. I sure appreciate it!
A very captivating story, this brief look into the white wolves life. Lush and beautiful with outstanding descriptions. I enjoyed this a lot. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading and commenting on this. I sure appreciate it!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2727 Views
3 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 2, 2013
Last Updated on October 2, 2013

Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline