THE BIRTH OF SKY DRAGON

THE BIRTH OF SKY DRAGON

A Story by Tinder
"

A Woman finish's the process of helping a Dragon be born.

"

The birth of sky Dragon.

 

I walked in cradling a midnight egg of polished petrified wood against my bosom nestling it as if she was my own child. She was warm to the touch, I knew she was female because when I asked she told me, not with her words with the picture my mind. She told me her name Glowing-Star and she showed me a picture of what look like once grown. I closed my eyes and watched she soared through the sky towards the heavens, her lithe body stretched long gliding on the air as her wings beat heavily to gain altitude. Glowing-Star assured me that everything turn out as planned, but I was still hesitant and filled with trepidation. I breathed in deep, hugged her close to my heart one last time then walked out the door to do what I had promised Glowing-Star I would do.  In the darkness I looked towards the heavens, sighed deeply, and tossed her egg as high as the air as I could. Glowing-Star’s egg burst explosion of light and shot like a rocket towards the silver lit moon. She broke from the sky the cavernous reaches of space shooting onward like a falling star as I stood watching in amazement. As she reached her crescendo there was another flash like a nova there before my eyes was a new constellation, brilliant and beautiful.

© 2016 Tinder


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on January 24, 2016
Last Updated on January 24, 2016