Best Sightseeing Places near Puri

Best Sightseeing Places near Puri

A Story by Toshali Group
"

Puri Tourist places are available in large variety, it depends on you, which kind of tourist you are and what are the things attracting you in and around this tiny divine city.

"

Puri the costal district of Odisha is one of the major tourist destinations. It is not only an important place in Odisha but also India. For Hindus it is one of the four Dhams, which is the ending point of a religious tour. It boasts of a continuous history from the 3rd century B.C. Apart from the heaven of pilgrims, Puri tourist places are known for gathering crowd of globetrotters, honeymooners, leisure travelers and nature enthusiasts. Puri tourism's main attraction is its Jagannath’s temple and it is boasts with wide range of ancient temples, shrines and splendid beaches.

Puri tourist places include the destinations like:

Puri temple

The Jagannath’s temple was built in 12th century by Ganga Dynasty. In this temple three lords are getting worshipped, Lord Balabhadra, Goddess Subhadra and Lord Jagannath’s. The Rath Yatra or car festival of this temple is the biggest celebration of not only Puri but in whole Odisha. In this festival all the three deities are coming out of the temple and visit to their maternal aunt’s house, which is named as Gundicha temple. During this time every devotee, who does not have permission to enter in this temple can see Gods.

Puri Beach

It is next most popular Puri tourist places that you will simply love to spend time. Impeccable view of sunrise and sunset, calm beaches to spend quality time alone are the specialty of this beach. Puri beaches are one of the safest beaches in the world. So enjoy your quality time at beaches during Odisha tourism.

Sightseeing Places near Puri are:

Konark

The Lord Sun dedicated temple is situated at Konark near Puri is known for its chariot style architecture. It is included in UNESCO world heritage site and is known for its ancient Kalinga beauty.

Chilika lake

This is largest coastal lake of India and Asia's largest in-land salt water lagoon that delighted you the most. The migratory birds from Siberia visit the Nalaban forests, which is situated around the lake during winters and due to this the  lake is also named as ‘bird island’ which is extremely popular amongst the tourists in winter. The Kalijai island in this lake is famous for the temple of goddess Kalijai, where devotees love to visit in boats. Come to Satapada, which is the house of Dolphins in their natural abode.

Bhubaneswar

Among sightseeing places near Puri, Bhubaneswar is a prominent name. The capital city of Odisha is known as temple city. Here you can find wide range of ancient temples, parks, Nadankanan zoo, Udayagiri,Khandagiri Jaina caves and various shopping places. This is the new smart city that is working its best to make this city friendly for all tourists.

Dhauli

On the way Bhubaneswar to Puri you can find this Buddhist peace of Pagoda that reminds you a great history of King Ashoka, who transformed as Buddhist monk after killing thousands of soldiers in this land.

 

So these are the sightseeing places near Puri and inside Puri, so plan your trip to this peaceful land and enjoy a different kind of holiday.


For more information about sightseeing place near puri, visit

www.orissatourism.org

© 2016 Toshali Group


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

30 Views
Added on February 8, 2016
Last Updated on February 8, 2016
Tags: Puri Tourist places